Chapter 28

Hunter was standing inside the playroom with his arms crossed. "Now, I am only going to ask this once and one time only. Why did you two take the candy and draw on the walls,hm?" The two girls look at each other than back at him. "There was no more paper uncle Hunter! And we were hungry." Amber says with a pout. 

"No mad daddy."Leah begs and looks up at her daddy. He sighs softly, "Even though there was no more paper, you could have come to me and asked for more instead of drawing on the walls. Also if two were hungry I would have fed you both." He uncrosses his arms, "I want you both to clean up the wrappers, then I will give you something to clean off the walls. Do you both understand?"

"Yes sir." They both respond and start to clean up the candy wrappers while Hunter watches. Once they are done he takes them into the kitchen and gives them some cleaning wipes. The girls start to clean off the walls, after about 15 minutes they were completely done. "Now, I want you both to tell me what you did wrong." Hunter sits down in a chair. 

"We cowor on the walls." Leah started, "And took candy without asking." Amber says. 

"Exactly, now I want you both to stand in separate corners for five minutes. No arguing."Hunter stands up, "Come here little ones." He gently takes their hands and leads the girl to the corners. "Only 5 minutes girls." He leaves them and sits down in a chair to watch. 

One of his private jewelry makers sends him a text asking about Leah's ring size, and anything else he would like to add to it. He sends them the information before looking at the girls. "Okay you two,you are off punishment." 

Leah and Amber run offer to Hunter and gives him a big hug. "Sowwy." They say at the same time. "It's okay darlings, lets get some food into your tummies yeah?" The girls nods and go into the kitchen with Hunter. "What should we have for lunch hm?" 

"Burgers and fries!" Leah says going into her big space. "Yeah? Okay, let's get Noah then we can set up the grill." He boops her nose. He then the girls in the office and sees Noah currently on a phone call. Amber runs over to her daddy and gives him a hug, he picks her up with one of his arms and she wraps her legs around his waist. 

After about another minute or so he hands up the phone. "What are all you doing here?" He asked and sat down on the chair with his baby on his lap. "We're going to have burgers!" Amber says with a huge smile going into her big space. "And who is going to make these burgers?" He asked in a teasing tone. 

"You daddy!" She giggles, as Hunter picks up Leah and walks over to the two. "You can set up the grill, while  me and the girls prep everything." The youngest of the two says and starts to tickle Leah causing her to burst into a fit of giggles. 

"How about you set up the grill and we can prep everything." Noah says not wanting to set the grill. "So you want to deal with two girls who most likely don't know how to use a knife properly, will try and eat everything in site and who could possibly try and eat raw meat?" He asked and raised a brow. 

"Where's the grill?" Noah stands up and hands Amber to his brother, and goes outside to find the grill leaving the girls giggling at his silliness. "Okay you two let's go get everything ready." He smiles and takes Leah and Amber downstairs into the kitchen. 

He sets them down on the stools and gets everything that they need. Hunter grabs the vegetables and show Leah and Amber how to wash them. While they were washing the vegetables, Hunter starts to prepare the burger patties. He first seasons the meat before putting on black food gloves to handle the raw meat. He mixes the seasoning into the meat and once it was fully combined,  he starts to shape the patties and sets them on a pan. 

Hunter looks up and sees that the girls were having fun washing the vegetables. He smiles softly as he takes off the gloves since he was done with shaping the patties, "What's next?" Leah looks up at him since they were done washing the lettuce, tomatoes and onion.

"First lets work with the lettuce, put everything else to the side." He explains how to prep each of the toppings. After about 10 minutes they were done, the trio takes the patties outside to Noah who was tending to the grill. "Here you go daddy!" Amber calls out making Noah turn and look at them. 

"Thank you uccellino" Noah smiles and takes the pan, putting the patties on the grill. "We will be right back." Hunter says and goes inside with a confused Leah following him. He takes her upstairs into his bedroom, making her sit on the bed.

"What's going on?" She asked looking puzzled. 

Hunter goes over to his dresser and pulls out a small black velvet box, he comes back and stands in front of her.

"These past few years has been absolutely amazing, I enjoy waking up to your beautiful messy hair on my chest even though you have your own pillow. Everything day has been an adventure since the first day I laid my eyes on you, the way you smile and laugh lights up my day. Sometimes when I feel like I am self sabotaging myself, when I look at you all my problems go away. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I love you so fucking much that I can not picture myself with anyone else." 

As he spoke Leah's eyes begins to water. 

"I love you whenever you are little or big, the way you always try to make everything better with your silly games or just being there for me. You mean so much to me, since that day I gave you the promise ring on your birthday I told you I would marry you. I love you with my whole heart. If anyone hurts you I will tear this whole world apart just for you, you are my light that makes the darkness disappear. Without you I don't know where I would be.  

He gets down on one knee and opens the box revealing a beautiful ring  with a diamond rose gold band and a teardrop cut diamond for the center. It was simple but absolute beautiful. 

"Leah Valentine, will you marry me?" He asked looking up at his baby girl.

"YES!" She screams and throws herself onto him, hugging him tightly as she cries into his arms. Hunter smiles as a few tears escape his eyes. He gently removes the promise ring and replaces it with the engagement ring.