Chapter 27

The doctor was trying his absolute best to bring Hunter back, but in the state that he was in all the family could do is now wait. Hunter was currently unconscious and  hooked up to many machines to help him regain some nutrients that he was missing, Rosalia was using a cool towel to wipe away the sweat that was forming on his forehead. 

Lazzaro comes into the room, and takes his wife away from their dying son so she can get some rest. He comes back and takes over, he holds Hunter's hand as tears well into his eyes. "Mio figlio, I know you are tired but I need you to continue fighting. I know you want to give up but don't, we need you. Leah needs you, she has been trying to come in here but Noah has been keeping her out to spare her of the scene. If he finds out what I am about to do, he will be mad at me but its for the best."

He stands up and walks over to the door, brings Leah in. He leaves her alone in the room and stands outside the door. 

Leah's POV

I feel like crying and throwing up, there lay's the person I care about the most. My daddy. My lover. My world. My absolute everything. 

I walk over to the bed, and sees him hooked up to so many machines. Tears start to well in my eyes looking at his condition, I slowly climb into bed and lay down next to him, tears falling down my face. "Hunter..."I gently touch his hand, holding back my sobs. "I need you to wake up please, I miss you so much. Since that day I've been avoiding you because I was scared of being hurt again. But after Uncle Noah told me what happened, I wanted to forgive you...but I didn't know how to approach  you. You stopped coming out and I thought you lost interest in me. I love you so much, I can't lose you." I break down and start crying, before finally crying myself to sleep. My hand holding my Hunter's hand, with the promise ring he gave me on my 18th birthday on my ring finger. 

I don't know how long I slept, but I was woken up by someone squeezing my hand. I look around before my eyes land on Hunter, his eyes were still closed but he was squeezing my hand. "H-hunter? Hunter!" I shout and everyone comes running in to see what the noise was. 

"Leah, what are you doing in here? You know Hunter needs to rest." Uncle Noah scolds me. "I know but grandpa let me in and I was talking to Hunter, I fell asleep then I woke up to daddy sweezing my hwnd." I tell him slipping into my little space. 

"I'm sorry lady Leah, but it was most likely just an involuntary movement." The doctor says but I didn't understand those big words. 

"NU! My daddy sweeze my hwnd, bu he tan't open his eyes!"I try to explain getting frustrated that no one was listening to me. "Let's get you down for a nap little one." Uncle Noah tries to grab me but I slap his had away. "No! My daddy is awake! Don't fucking touch me!" I shout quickly becoming big as uncle Noah tries to take me away.  "Leah Valentine, do not speak to me like that." Uncle Noah says in his daddy voice. 

"I don't fucking care! Don't touch me and don't try and take me away from MY daddy!" I shout at him angrily, he was about to say something when I heard a deep, gruff voice from next to me. 

"Little girl, your ass is mine." The voice says to me, I touch to the source and sees that it was daddy, who's eyes are now open and looking at me. "Daddy!" I wrap my arms around him and starts crying, grandma had to come over and gently pull me off so the doctor could examine  him.  Grandpa and Uncle Noah helped daddy sit up as me, Grandma, and Amber watch. 

3rd POV

"Now listen here young man, I'm going to go downstairs with the girls and we are going to make you something to eat. You will eat it, even if I have to shove it down your throat." Rosalia  threatens Hunter. "Can I stay in here?" Leah looks up at her grandma for approval, which was given to her. 

"Of course darling, make sure your daddy stays in bed okay?" She says and gently ruffles her hair. "Otays." Leah climbs back into bed and cuddles close to her daddy, missing in touch. Everyone leaves the two alone so they can work out some unresolved issues. 

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to hu-." Before he could finish his sentence, his baby kisses him. "Ish otays daddy, nu mads." Leah rest her head on his shoulder, and plays with his hand being careful with his IV. Hunter smiles weakly and hugs his baby, missing the warmth next to him. 

"Now, back to you swearing. What should be your punishment hm?" He questions and looks at his baby. "Daddy nooo." Leah whines and hides in his arms causing Hunter to shakes his head. He grabs a glass of water from beside the table and takes a sip. "To late baby, go get some paper first." He tells Leah, knowing she gets overwhelm with a lot of  instructions at once. His baby pouts and goes to get the paper, once she comes back he then tells her to get a clipboard and a pencil. Once she comes back, Hunter tells her to write 25 lines of 'I will not swear.'

When she was halfway done, Rosalia comes into the room with frutti di mare for the both of them along with a glass filled with blood for Hunter. She first hands him the glass, which he drinks without hesitation. His mother smiles when he finishes the glass, she takes it away from him and hands the tray of pasta with a variety of seafood to them. 

Leah immediately digs in, as Rosalia places a bib around her neck so she doesn't get food all over her clothes. She then looks at Hunter who was looking at the food. He then  picks up his fork and starts to eat making Rosalia smile softly she leaves the room quietly. 

"Nummy!" Leah says and eats the pasta in delight, as Hunter smiles slightly at her while he was eating something since he last passed out. After a while a maid comes inside and clears away the plate, she saw that Hunter ate half off his food. She goes downstairs and tells everyone who cheers quietly in excitement. 

After a few weeks Hunter was back to himself, him and Noah both agreed and they decided that they would both become the leaders of the Bloodstone Mafia. It has been a couple of years since the accident. 

"Leah! Amber! Where are you?" Hunter calls out as he looks for the two naughty girls who drew on the wall. He looks around the living room, before going upstairs into the playroom. He sees a trail of candy wrappers leading from the stairs all the way to the playroom. 

"Oh my."