Chapter 22

It's been 2 weeks since the bombing,Hunter and Noah have been on their toes since keeping an eye out on their littles while also making sure their parents are okay. 

Hunter was currently pacing back and forth in his office,he has been so stressed out that he has been in his office for 3 days. He only leaves when he needs to take a shower or eat, so that means he hasn't spent time with his baby either. 

Leah was walking towards Hunter's office with a drawing she drew,she knocked on the door before opening it and poking her head through,"Daddy?"She calls out softly. 

Hunter didn't hear her as he was lost in thought,"Daddy?"Leah says a bit louder making Hunter snap. "What the fuck do you need?!"He says not knowing it was her,his eyes shining a bright red. He turns and looks at the door, his eyes soften as he realizes his mistake. 

The small girl's bottom lip trembles as unshed tears wells in her eyes,"Oh baby,I'm sorry."He quickly goes over as he picks her up,making Leah wrap her arms around his neck tightly. He rubs her back and whispers sweet words into ear,"Daddy's so sorry princess,I didn't know it was you."He kisses her lips. 

"I-it otay daddy"She wipes her tears and looks at Hunter, his eyes returning to their normal emerald green color. "What brings you here princess?"He asks and carries her to the sofa in his office. 

Leah shows him the picture she drew,”Wook at wat I made.” Hunter looks at the beautiful drawing of Scout,he smiles before kissing her forehead. “It's  very beautiful, and I am so sorry that I yelled at you. Can you forgive me cupcake?” He asks her,feeling absolutely terrible for what he did. “It otay daddy! I forgive you!”Leah kisses his cheek. 

“Where is uncle Noah and Amber?”He questions  as he gently cups her face with his large veiny hands. “They went in their room. Then I hear noises and the bed move.” Leah tells him as she looks up at him before remembering something. “You broke thwee rules daddy!” She tells him and pouts slightly. Hunter tilts his head in confusion before it finally hits him. He did break some of his rules, number 1 no cussing at babygirl, number 6 be kind to baby girl and rule number 9 always make time for baby girl. 

“It seems like I did baby, and daddy deserves a punishment doesn’t he?” He asks and rests his hands on her hips. Leah nods and crosses her arms,”Yesh he does! Daddy needs to stand in the corner for 5 minutes!” She tells him, making Hunter chuckle softly. “Okay baby, daddy will stand in the corner.” He tells her before picking her up and walking towards the corner, he then sets the small girl on her feet before leaning in the corner and crossing his arms as Leah uses her phone and sets a 5 minute timer. 

She then sits down cross legged in front of her daddy as she waits for the timer, pouting as she looks up at him with a pout . Hunter couldn't help chuckle as he watches his little girl pouting while he stands in a  corner. Once the timer goes off Leah quickly stands up and wraps her arms around Hunter. He smiles before picking her up and setting the small girl on his hips,”Is my punishment over baby?”He asks as he carries her out of the office and downstairs into the kitchen. “Yesh daddy!”She kisses his cheek as he sets her down on the counter. “Since I haven’t been spending time with my little princess, how about we do something together hm?” He asks, making Leah gasp in excitement. “Otay daddy!”She claps her hands and giggles. “What should we do princess?” Her daddy asked. 

“Can we cook and bake somethin daddy?”She tilts her head cutely. “Of course baby girl, what should we make?”He cups her face and pecks her lips. “Um, I no know.” She admits and giggles. Hunter smiles and grabs a cookbook, “This cookbook has been in my family for hundreds of years, my grandmother made it and gave it to my mother and my mother gave it to me since I love cooking and baking so much.” He smiles and sets the book down on the counter,before opening it and turning the pages gently as all the recipes were written in Italian. 

Leah looks at all the pages before stopping Hunter,”Can we make this daddy?” She asks softly and looks up at him,he looks at where she stopped and smiles. “Of course we can princess, looks like we are going to make bruschetta,and what should we make for dessert?”He questions as she starts to look through the book,before stopping and pointing at another page. “Panna cotta, my favorite.” He smiles and kisses her cheek. 

"Okay baby,let's get to cooking."He sets the book to the side so it doesn't get messed up when they are cooking,the two starts to make the bruschetta when Noah comes downstairs in only his boxers.

"What are you two making?"He questions as Amber follows behind him,wearing his shirt. "Bruschetta!" Leah says and giggles,as she looks up at Hunter with a happy smile.

"Mhm,my favorite."Noah goes to the refrigerator and grabs a glass filling it with water before handing it to his little.

"Well,if you need us we will be upstairs in out room."The older brother tells the two and picks Amber up making her squeal and giggle. "Uncle Hunter save me! He is going to break my back!"Amber teases making Noah roll his eyes.

"Oh hush,you know you love it when I...."He was cut short when Amber clasp her hand over his mouth. "Daddy shhh!"She tells him as they make their way back upstairs for round 4. Hunter chuckles as Leah looks confused,it suddenly clicks in when she remembers what they did on her birthday.

"O-oh"She blushes darkly making Hunter laugh and kiss the top of her head. For the next hour or so the two where busy making Panna Cotta and Bruschetta. Once the two where done they call Amber and Noah downstairs,Leah helps set the table with Hunter.

Noah walks down the stairs with a flustered Amber in his arms,bruises on her thighs and arms. Along with bitemarks and hickeys that litter her neck. He sits down in a chair and whispers sweet words into her ear,Amber listens to him as she rest her head on his shoulder.

Once the table was all set Hunter fills two wine glasses with AB negative and two sippy cups with pink lemonade. Once Leah and Hunter takes a seat everyone starts eating,"Mhm! So yummy!"Amber compliments as she stuffs her small mouth with Bruschetta.

Leah nods in agreement as she also stuffs her small mouth,Hunter and Noah looks at the girls with love in their eyes. Wondering how did they get blessed with such beautiful little girls.

{Bruschetta}

{Bruschetta}

{Strawberry Vanilla Panna Cotta}