★ 40 ★ I Love You, Sakhi ★

Unedited.

It was finally the time for these two lemans to meet after aeons.

The golden reddish ball nictated, springing up the pastures and water meadows and hewing the white curtains of flocculent clouds in the blend of apricot and ochre.

Even before the bell could rang that day for the students to wake up, Anirudh had reached Dalhousie to meet his beloved. Such a crazy lover he was, an eccentric platonic lover.

Jumping of the brownish & golden house cart, he sprinted towards the counter leaving his two bags at the door step in an urgent desperation and despondency.

Stumbling upon the counter, he panted for breath as the warden ogled at the man standing infront of her donned up in a purple with a colorful floral printed suspender and a white pant contrasting with. His hair jelled, lip curled up into a broad smile just a little dark line under his eyes being the evidence of his sleepless nights.

"Hello! Myself Anirudh Roy Chowdhury...." Anirudh introduced for which the warden's eyes popped out, all on a sudden!

"Roy Chowdhury...." She whispered to herself, wiping the beads of diaphoresis with her black scarf she was wearing covering her head.

"Ji... Anirudh Roy Chowdhury! Me ayha Bondita se milne aya hu... Ms. Bondita Das se."

"Oh... Ap kon lagte hae Bondita kay?"

"Me uska Sakha babu or legal guardian...."

"Lekin ap inti subha...subha?"

"Ha... Vho actually meri ek meeting hae principal sir k sath 8 :00 baje par or Bondita ka vhi class us tim start hota hae to usse pehle me Bondita se milna chahta hu......"

"Bondita konsi class me? Class 12?"

"Ji..meri Bondita Class 12 hae"

"Lekin ajto class 12 ki students ka annual function hae..."

"Ajhi kiu?"

"Ji?"

"Oh thik hae... Koi bath nehi... Ap please Bondita ko bula dijiye..... Kahiye ga uske sakha babu aye hae usse milne. Thora naraj jarur hae mujse par koi bath nehi me mana lunga...ap please usse bula dijiye..."

"Actually jitna muje pata hae Bondita ne isbar annual function me participate kia hae... Or participants ko 6 bajehi auditorium par le jaya huya hae dress up k lia... To abhi to me apko usse mila nehi sakti... Kiu ki is time par meeting allowed nehi hae...."

"Oh... Hmm... Thik hae! Koi bath nehi...agar 6 mahine intezar kar lia to ye kuch ghante kya chiz hae.... By the way, avhi time kya huya hae?"

"Ji 7 : 45 am....."

"Thik hae pher me abhi principal sir sath milkar ata hu...."

"Lekin apka appointment letter? Or ap sir se kiu milna chahte hae?"

"Ye lijiye mera appointment letter...." Saying so Anirudh handed over a white envelope to her. The warden took the letter with a suspicious look, and as soon as she opened the letter her mouth fell. Glaring distressfully at Anirudh , she passed him an awkward smile eyeing him to go inside the principal cabin. Smirking Anirudh left the spot and heeded to wards the cabin proudly embracing the letter to himself!

It was his only golden chance to be with Bondita, and away from this cruel world, conspiring against him and his Sakhi....

Reaching the threshold, Anirudh knocked the door of the cabin before proceeding inside, "Sir! May I come in inside?"

Smiling gently at the gentleman, the principal singled him to pop inside, "Come my child! I was waiting for you only..."

"Thank you Sir. How are you doing Sir!?" Anirudh asked coming inside and taking a sit infront of him.

"Gooing good Anirudh! So what about your decision? Are you willing to accept my offer?" The principal raised his brows playfully at the young man whose cheeks turned cherry sensing the teasing.

"On my knees, Sir...." Anirudh gestured like a noble man.

"Thats fantastic! So congrats Mr. Roy Chowdhury you are selected for the post!" The principal said smilingly extending his right hand to him.

Shaking his hand in delight, Anirudh said, "It was my pleasure Sir, that you found me worth enough for this duty... Though I was committed to pursuing my career as a barrister only, but it looks like time changes people. Now this barrister wishes to turn into Sikhsakh babu...."

"For your Sakhi?" The principal teased.

Being a close friend of Binoy, from the college friend circle of affluent families, the principal was well aware of Anirudh's passion and devotion towards Bondita. It was through Binoy only, the principal offered Anirudh a post in his school.

"Yes .. For my Sakhi... It has been long I actually could teach her something by my own. Especially after I got her admitted into school. It was only a hour or two in the evening I used to tutor her as a private mentor. Still not that much, as she almost made me a chatter box like her. If we used to study one hour then the other hour would spend talking and pranking. This is a golden opportunity for me to teach my Sakhi again. As a real teacher! And...." Anirudh's tears formed tears as he remembered the old days when they used to be together. It felt surreal.

The way, his little Bondita ran behind him for little litte things, the way she used throw tantrums at him, the small small moments they used to spend together alone and off course thir growing love hidden from the world, he miss them so much. It was only her memories he lived these 6 months with. But no more, he couldn't afford the distance from her.

Even if it ment to leave barristry and instead to be a law teacher, he was willing to do that for her. He wanted to cease every gap that have separated them for long.

"And .....?" The principal asked with curiosity.

"And to mend her heart...." Anirudh whispered, perplexing the principal.

"Mend her heart? Why what happened?" The principal asked genuinely, as it concerned him. It was his responsibility after all to make sure his childrens are playful and mentality stable along with physical fitness.

"My Bondita seems angry at her Sakha babu. I don't know why but she isn't replying to any of my letter or is receiving my call.... But I am pretty sure she is doing just because she doesn't want to fall weak without me. As I am back now, I can say this without any incertitude that, she is going to cradle up in my arms the moment she is going to see me..." Anirudh replied, the pink on his cheeks still prominent.

"Distance couldn't decease you trust right?"

"Not even god can...." The proud in his eyes spoke louder than the words. It was the ultimate truth they both knew.

"Ok.... Anirudh! So Today we are having an Annual function at our school at 11 am. So be ready to meet your querida at the stage only!"

"Thank you Sir!"

"Your welcome! See you up there at sharp 11!"

"Sure Sir!" With that Anirudh shook his hand with the principal again and dash out of the room.

Finally catching a seat nearby, brought out his wallet to see his beloved's picture and talk while caressing it "Finally Bondita.... We are going to meet! Your Sakha babu is going to meet you.... I just want to make you snuggle into me and hug you tight against my chest before wishing you 'happy birthday my sweet sixteen'. Happy Birthday.... I love you Sakhi....."