★ 33 ★ Carbon Copy ★

Vote & Comment.

Both Anirudh & Somnath followed Kali as she escorted them to Badhoni's room. Walking up the white marbled stairs, railings fringed with marigolds they went at the 2nd floor of the mansion and finally walked few steps towards a room, unfortunately with doors closed.

"Badhoni my child, see who have come to meet you?" Kali sweetly cooed from outside the room, in an attempt to call Badhoni and knocked the door once. 

Immediately responding to her aged grandmother Badhoni replied, "Ohoo Kali! Who is disturbing me now? Don't you know I was dreaming about my prince charming right now?"

Appalled at the different aura of Badhoni, Anirudh glared at Som with protuberant eyes whilst Som chock backed at her words. She was so extrovert man! Sort of hail-fellow-well-met.

Inclining closer to Som, Anirudh hissed in his ear in a teasing manner, "I think you got the right person for you Som. Look at you! You feel shy to ask a glass of water from Bihari to drink! And Badhoni? She is unbelievable man! Even after knowing someone have arrived to meet her and standing right outside her bedroom, she heedlessly expressed herself, about her dream of a young charming prince! Excited to witness the chemistry of the couple belonging from two opposite poles, Som!"

"Dada!" Som winched as he felt his ears turn cherry red while Anirudh pressed his lips together to subdue his laughter.

Feeling embarrassed at the sudden remark of her granddaughter, Kali mentally face palmed herself and glanced at the duo with a discomfiting simper.

"She is still very childish! Please don't take her words to your heart. I will make her understand not to dream like this hence forward. What can I do to this girl? No matter how much I try to make her understand, that her marriage alliance has already been fixed and she shouldn't be saying such words aloud like this, but she hardly listens to me. What does she say these all? Hmm ahh yes "shheatt things" or something." Kali explained with a sigh.

Ackowledging the real pronunciation of "shit" and meaning  Anirudh couldn't but let out a small giggle and in response received a light press on his feet by Som.

"She is still not your wife and so much possessive about her that I can't even laugh? Not bad brother, huh? I am literally imagining you as a cat of your wife after marriage! Roaming after her all day and night calling "maew"." Anirudh sibilated &  teased Som.

Right at that moment, Som feel like digging the soil and seek some mercy from the mother earth from his pestiferous brother!

To enlight the situation Anirudh replied to Kali, "Its ok Kali. After all she is a girl and dreaming about her prince charming isn't wrong in any way. Humans can halt their actions but can never supress their desire. Even after her marriage being fixed with Anirudh babu, she got the right to live her dreamy world and no one can or should stop her from doing so. Between Kali, I have heard that Badhoni malkin is madly in love with Anirudh babu, so is she dreaming about her to be husband or is it someone else?"

Undoubtedly Anirudh knew, Badhoni was never in love with him! It was ludicrous! Absolutely preposterous! How can she be deeply in love with a person she never encountered?

"Shh! Don't say such untoward things! She was of course thinking about Anirudh jamai babu!" Kali replied seriously but it seemed like a shaggy-dog story to Anirudh.

"I am her only in dreams" Anirudh muttered to himself. Him being her love was no less than a witticism to him.

Sensing Badhoni not opening the door even after 2 whole minutes , Kali again called her softly "Badhoni! Two ladies have came here to meet you, from your to be in-laws! Zamindar Trilochan Roy Chowdhury have sent them to you for conducting some rituals. Open the door my child. I can't say this more loud! If your baba gets to know about your discourtesy towards your in-laws he may get enraged my child. Step out immediately dear."

With that, all heard a loud groaning from inside, and with 3-4 footsteps aural the lock of the door unlatched. And before they could see her face, she already had rushed to bed sprightly and sat there with a cute pout in her lips. Her hands folding against her chest.

"Come in, whoever you are!" She ordered! Her voice sweet yet petrifying enough for the brother duo to tremble from inside.

"Badhoni be polite!" Kali slightly scolded her and stepped inside the room and indicated them to join her. With expediting & meteoric heartbeats both Anirudh and Somnath went inside and the sight infront of them melted their eyes. Especially Anirudh's.

Crossing her hands against her chest, and a charismatic pout on her lips, she sat on the bed wearing a light yellow saree, contrasting her yellowish skin. Her black tresses cascading down like a free stream occasionally blocking her face from their view.

What on that moment he could feel his heart give a panic attack was it being Bondita!

How the hell on earth she resembled so much to her? That pointed nose, that plumpy lips, dense lashes of eyes and those chubby cheeks. If Anirudh  didn't knew that Bondita was in dalhousie, for a moment he could misinterpret Badhoni with her!

"Dada, don't stare at her! I know she resembles a lot to Bondita boudi but she is mine! Trust me even when I saw Badhoni for the first time, I was a little shocked too, that how can a person look so matey! But then accepted the undeniable truth! I never told you cause I though you may feel insecure about boudi unknowingly! " Somnath hissed as he found Anirudh staring at his beloved with distended eyes. Feeling a warm gush of begrudging running through his viens Somnath couldnot but utter those words. He was truely a blind lover at that moment.

"Badhoni, this haveli, krishnanagar.... Something is there!" Anirudh murmured! The barrister brain working out in him!

Vote the chapter and comment. I am hell tired saying these.

No long ranting.