★ 26 ★ Wedding Conundrums ★

Longest nights are those when saying 2 words takes unexpectedly longer time.

A lethargic Anirudh moseyed through the quiet & secluded road, fringed by large pomegranate trees. The shadow behind walked along with him as the moon lighted his sequestered way.

Tension brewing in his heart enfeebling him, as the only tune roved "Bohot kuch thik karna hae muje...." His steps halted this time as the pavement came to an end.

"Are dada! Kothai jabe? (Where you want to go?) " Asked a middle aged man sitting on the road wih his horse beside.

" Huh?" Anirudh took time to accent his words.

"Mene kaha, kahi jana hae apko?" The man rerunned his words.

"Tulsipur, Zamidar Bari" Anirudh replied meekly.

"Achcha achcha... Chaliye me chor deta hu apko. Is vakt apko or koi savari milegi nehi, Sukhar hae ki me aj kisi kamse yaha der rat tak tha. Chaliye beth jayiye." The man informed and made his mare stand on its feet.

But everything seemed a little tedious to Anirudh today. He just simply walked the distance and quietly rode the horse cart without any word.

The ride started as the man singled his mares to run. The moon over the head competed them as they rushed like free air through the midst of deep greenwood. The zephyr caressed his face and silky mane, giving an essence of the prince from the fairy tales.

He closed his eyes as his mind took a ride back to the memory lanes. It has been an unexpectedly one of the most cherished moments of his life he would remember till death bed.

From the very night of holding her close to his chest to the last moment of bidding her adieu through a forehead kiss, each & everything was magical, aesthetic!

He is unaware what this physical distance is going to store for future, but he knew what he had lived with her in last 3 weeks had moulded their relationship into something different other than unbreakable and it contented him.

"Bese babumoshai, ap Zamindar bari k kuch lagte hae kya?" Curiosity overtaking his sweetness.

"Ji.. Me Anirudh Roy Chowdhury hu. Zamin... Babesayi Binoy Roy Chowdhury ka beta" Anirudh for the very first time addressed himself as Binoy's Son other than his Kaka's niece.

The moment he spoke, his heart felt incessant heartbreaks but what his Kaka upto had totally devastated him, inch by inch. God saved that Bondita was unknown to this fiascos, otherwise that poor girl would have been broken but inside.

"Oh! Khub vhalo! To islia ap inti rat ko chut kar ghar bapas ja rehe hae...." The man replied in a teasing manner, out of Anirudh's understanding level.

Anirudh asked with a little stern voice, " Ji?"

"Are babumoshai samaj te hae hum. Ahir vivah jo tyaar huya hae apka! Ghar vale rah dekh rehe honge na?" The man replied smiling.

"Vivaah....apko.." Anirudh was punctuated by the man, "Are humme kya pura Tuslipur tyaari kar raha hae apke vivaah ki. Vese achcha hi huya apne us apsaguni ladki ko chor diya or asli maye neme apna vaivhahik jiban shuru kar rehe hae! Vho to us ladki ki kismat achchi thi ki apne usse Sati se bachaya tha. Varna kaha aj vho mar ka....Ahhhhh.." The man couldn't complete as Anirudh holded him by his collar, making him suffocated to breath as he immediately stopped his cart.