★ 6 ★ Tinctures of Red ★

Tu hi toh jannat meri, Tu hi mera junoon Tu hi to mannat meri, Tu hi rooh ka sukoon

Tu hi mera junoon
Tu hi to mannat meri,
Tu hi rooh ka sukoon

The hyperborean gust flew inside the hall making an already frazzled Anirudh send tingles down the spine. He swiveled his metacarpus to and fro and finally joined his hands together praying and invoking for Bondita's admission.

He closed his eyes and engrossed himself in chasmic prayer. The wall clock tintinnabulate as the minutes hand clout at 12. Slowly the ingress of the academic hall opened and Bondita came out of it making her mellifluous resonate of the anklets outreach Anirudh's shell-like .

"Bondita...." Anirudh muttered under his breath and unfastened his eyelid.

He saw Bondita standing infront of him with a exhilarating and invigorating smile. He expeditiously stood up & scooped her face. She was about to expound her probe session when Anirudh impeded ( interrupted) her and started belabouring her with zillionth of canvass (questions).

"Bondita... Tum itni jaldi? Interview kesa gaya? Sab kuch thik se huya na? Koi taklif to nehi huyi na? Koi sammaysa hui kya answer karne me?" Anirudh said in one breath.

"Barrister babu ...." Bondita was punctuated by Anirudh.

"Haa.. Bondita... Jaldi bolo... Muje bohot ghab rahat ho rehi hae...." Anirudh said and took her hands in his sparing her face.

"Barr..." Bondita was again interrupted by him.

"Dekho Bondita...agar nehi huya na koi bath nehi...hum kisi or jagah try karenge..." Anirudh said and tightened his hold.

"Ba.." She was cut off again.

"Tum bilkul vhi tension mat lo Bondita agar..." This time his words remain unavowed.

"Patibabu!" She screamed being bone-weary.

Tu hi aakhion ki thandak,
tu hi dil ki hai dastak
Aur kuch na janu mein,
bas itna hi jaanu

Time freezed for a moment as she denominated him "patibabu" instead of "barrister babu".

She bit her tongue presuming what a howler she did! She shouldn't have called him by that honorific.

Anirudh's heart was somehow wrapped & chuffed being addressed as "patibabu" by her. Tears beamed in his orbs which he eventually saved from cascading down his cheeks by shifting his gaze down.

"Vho....ap mere bath nehi...sun rehe the..to..." She stammered in between words as she felt ambivalent due to her inanity.

"Koi bath nehi Bondita... Mehi jayada pareshan.... Ya fer kahu utsuk ho gaya tha... Janne k lia...." He said while scratching the back of his neck and passed her a cringeworthy simper.