Prologue

*** Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi ***

Zimmedari se pyar tak ka safar na hae asan
Ulje dhago se kese karenge ye pyar ki dehlij par?

How will be the relationship that is formed breaking all the rituals and believes of the society?
"Prathao Ki Bhabar ko torkar kesa hoga inka anokha rishta?"

Set in the1920's, Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, a london returned gold medalist barrister in his early 20's comes back to his motherland with a dream to improve the condition of women here. His cardinal motive was to remove the gender discrimination and establish womens right. In a bid, he has to support child marriage himself & marry a 8 year old tyrant girl Bondita, to save her from the ill practice of Sati.

"Ek kupratha se bachane k lia uhne ek dusre ku pratha ka sahara lena para".

And from their journey started. A unique journey. Not of romance and liaison. But of revolution & change! Of affinity and platonic love.

How this 22 years old lad, brings changes in this society with his little wife. His responsibility. Starting from guiding her as a mentor, he has protect her like her father, loved her like a mother, stood by her as friend.

Starting from problem of the lice of her tresses to tying her shoelace, he has been for her as an inextricable shadow. Be it her bed wetting problem or washing those stinky sheets , be it her menstrual cramps or making the sanitary napkins for her, he did everything possible on his part without bewail. He nourishes her with the best and fosters her in her tarks.

He had seen the first change in her. By seeing his dream in her eyes. The dream of making her barrister babu! They fought for gender and class discrimination, women education, sex trafficking, menstruation taboo, polymarriage, early pregnancy, sex education and what not.

The first lady barrister of Tulsipur. Both had seen a lot of struggle in their journey. But at last cruelty gripped them hard.

When the "child marriage annulment law" came into force they had to break their marriage. Their beautiful bond only to creat an example in this orthodox society. She once again became "Bondita Das" from "Bondita Anirudh Roy Chowdhury".

Both the hearts shattered into pieces. Yet they knew to fight for their dreams. After the annulment of their marriage, Anirudh had to left Bondita to Dalhousie hostel, to continue her further studies.

*************

"Chahe jo ho jaye... Vaada kizia patibabu ki kabhi vhi muje mere bhagwaan se door nehi karenge ap..." She uttered those words which made him dumbfounded.

How can a person love and admire another person so much who have intentionally or unintentionally hurted her so many times? Still after his second marriage's drama how can she called him her God?

Is she really human? No...she cant be. She is his little goddess whom he want to devote his body and soul for the entire lifetime.

"Me tumhe kese khudse door karsakta hu Bondita? Mere ziban ka lakhshya ho tum, mere jeene ka karan..." He said holding her hands firmly.

He opened his arms for her which she lovingly accepted. Their love and bond was so divine then why can't this orthodox society see this? Why cant they let them live peacefully? Why are they after their lives? Why? They both thought.

****************

"Ap muje khudse dur kar rehe hae kya barrister babu?" She sounded afraid and hurt.

A fear of loosing him again.Though she never knew the other meaning of marriage but she knew what she had with her patibabu was something so pure & serene. Something out of the world, away from all cages formed by limitless love. She can afford to loose her life but not him.

"Me tumhe khudse nehi door kar raha hu Bondita.. Balki ye rudhi vadhi soch rakhne vhale samaj se door kar raha hu... Tum ehi soch rehi hona ki me to kabhi bhi kisi se nehi darta.. Pher aj kiu? Ha Bondita muje is bar dar hae! Kiu ki mene dekha hae ki mere laraime hamesha dukh tumhehi pohchata hae ye samaj... Or me tumpar ek kharoch tak nhi ane dunga..!" He wiped her tears and cupped her face lovingly. She closed her eyes in ecstasy as she felt his lips on her forehead. A promising kiss not to leave her side and love her the way he always had been.

"Hum door honge jarur lekin jure rahenge na Bondita?" He asked with teary eyes retreating back from the kiss.

"Muje appar pura vharosa hae Sakha babu... Ap mere lia jo vhi fesla lenge vho mere bhale kiye hi hoga." She replied boldly and kept her hand on his that were caressing her cheeks.

"Suraj ki kiran na sahi.... Par chand k roshnise chal logi na mere sath? Mere hath thame?"

"Apka hath thame to har roshniki ahuti dekar chal sakti hae ye Bondita."

★Author's Feelings

Hello everybody ❤️

Marriage annulment has always been a really special track for me. No matter how much I write on it I just can't get over it. I really can connect myself with that pain and somehow ended up crying remembering those scenes till now. I wanted to show their beautiful bond through my this book. Hope you all will love it just the way you all love my other books.

Your ludicrous writer
SH