During my brief distraction, I had unknowingly given Danny an opening. There was a flash of white and a feeling akin to fire burning a path across my left shoulder and collarbones . I howled in pain and retreated as quickly as I possibly could. I glared at the kitsune in front of me while blinking away tears and gingerly touching my burning shoulder. I winced at the sudden flare of pain as my fingers met my unnaturally warm skin. "You're faster than I thought you were. Had you been a little slower and I had hesitated a little less, you wouldn't have an arm.", he whispered in the wind, "Surrender before it's too late.".

I scoffed and let out a mirthless chuckle. "I thought you were supposed to be teaching me not trying to kill me. No matter, I won't lose to you. What kind of Master loses to their underling.", I spoke as I began to pour all of my energy into the bolt in my hands. The lightning grew hot in my palms, and the angry crackling grew louder. Danny's tails spiked, and his bolt tripled in size. There was a brief silence as the wind stilled for a single second. That second seemed to stretch into minutes as the two of us lunged forward with flared tails and divine weapons raised. As the two rods clashed, there was an earth-shattering crack of thunder, and darkness followed it.

*TIME SKIP BC Y/N AND DANNY "ACCIDENTALLY" ROCKED EACH OTHER'S SHIT*

riiiiiiii...

riiiiiIIIIIII...

RIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGGGG-

I gasped and gagged as my lungs inflated with air again. I blinked a few times to clear dirt from my lashes as I stared at the dark grey skies above me. Everything was cold.... so, so cold. I coughed and tried to sit up, but I was grounded by my blood rushing to my head and a throbbing ache pulsating through my entire body. What the fuck had just happened? Was I dead? DID I DIE??! I fought my way upward, ignoring the headache beginning to set in and the ringing it brought with it.

My vision cleared and my breathing hitched at the sight in front of me. The crescent-shaped clearing had been blasted into a full circle, and the only thing left of the trees for miles around were charred stumps. Along with shock and confusion, a weird sense of pride settled in the pit of my chest. Danny and I had done this.... where was Danny?! Once the thought crossed my mind, muffled hacking and coughing erupted from the remains of what looked like our tent. I pushed myself to my feet and staggered toward the smoking orange body of the tent. As I drew closer, Dalia and Raiden emerged from underneath the smoking fabric.

Although they were smeared in soot, I could sense that they didn't have any major injuries. Dalia looked around the clearing with wide eyes before her eyes finally found my battered figure. "(Y/N)!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!", she yelled while racing in my direction with a cheery-looking Raiden in her arms. I chuckled but stopped at the sharp feeling in my side. "I have no idea. Where's Danny?", I asked while taking the small fox from her and placing him on my aching shoulders. She looked around and nodded to the east corner of the circle. "Last time I saw him he was falling from the sky in that direction.", she coughed out. I nodded and began limping in that direction with Dalia at my side.

After a few minutes of navigating through downed trees, smoking trunks, and burning ashes, we finally made our way to the east corner. For a second, I began to panic upon not finding him, but after a closer look, I caught sight of a glowing pile of rubble. I jogged toward the debris not caring about the dulling ache in my bones. Once I reached the pile of luminous blue rocks, I kneeled and began digging through the mound of stones and sticks. Upon reaching the bottom, I sighed in relief. Danny was sleeping at the bottom of the pile as if he hadn't destroyed a small chunk of the forest.

I reached down and gently shook his shoulder. I smiled as his ears twitched and he uncurled from the ball he'd rolled himself into. He yawned and stretched while taking in the smoke and wreckage we'd caused. "Did we do this???", he questioned while standing with a smirk. I nodded earning a proud huff from the smoldering fox boy.

"Let's do it again!~"

THE END

(A/N): HELLO BABES AND SPRITES!! Sorry for being late again :( my schedule's been really weird lately. I hope you all can forgive me! Thank you so much for the support you all give me even though my writing is crappy-

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this story. Let me know what you thought of it in the comments! Of course, requests are always open, too. As always please eat, drink water, and take care of yourselves. Be safe, and if you can't be safe at least try to be careful. I love you all so muchhh <3

thesmolbean out.