Chapter 68

It was day one, and he did not enjoy it. He did not understand a thing and he was losing hope. "What the hell" he mumbled placing his palm against his forehead groaning annoyed after as he slumped backward staring at the book in front of him.

"Dream? Are you okay there?" Okay? Well, he was beyond the word okay. He was miles away from being okay. No, he wasn't okay. It was the following day ever since the book or should he say Philza his great great great and so on grandfather from the past thousand of years that used to be the prince.

Ever since he disappeared, leaving the mysterious book now not glowed anymore left open. Dream has been trying to learn the whole text in this book that was written using quill back in the past. All the spells and magic are written in this book he tried to learn it all. But it has been no use, every magic that he tried nothing came out. Not even a sparkle came out of him.

"Well" Dream trailed off closing the book that was on the wooden table turning his gaze to the one behind him who spoke was George staring at the book in curiousness, he sighed, "No, I have am not okay. Ever since Philza left I'm left with this damn book that I have been trying to learn. I can't even let out a single spark!" He exclaimed annoyed running his hands through his hair.

George raised an eyebrow darting his eyes to the book. He sighed grabbing the Null element book as he opens the first page seeing the table of contents. Dream watched as the brunet read the specific page trailing his fingers on the ink that was painted, "The null element doesn't reflect on nature, unlike the other elements. It reflects on space and the universe" he mumbled carefully reading the page

"Null magic can be used in many ways. You could use super speed, fly, be invisible and even create your own spells using your own words" George said widening his eyes stunned at the words he spoke glaring at Dream surprised, "Wow you're... powerful" he breathed sitting beside Dream on the chair.

The dirty blond groaned burying his head against his hands as he took out a warm breath using his nose, "How am I supposed to do this? In four days we'll need to get going before the Shadow Ones corrupt the whole world into stone. There is no way I can do this" He mumbled gripping onto his hair tightly.

The prince sighed grabbing on Dream's cheeks carefully as he faced the dirty blond to him, "You can do it. Not with your help only but mine also. You'll learn and we'll figure out a way to defeat the Shadow Ones without anyone getting hurt okay?" He murmured placing a kiss on Dream's knuckles.

Dream took a deep breath out as he could feel his hands slightly getting numb from frustration but he soon calmed down. He watched as his now lover trailed fingers against the pages trying to find a specific page for him to start off, "We can start here" he mumbled stopping the book from flipping pages as he pinned the two sides to the table.

"We can start off by time manipulation"

•••

Did he want to give up? Yes
Did he have an option to give up? No

Dream focus, he thought to himself staring at the vase that was about to fall. Dream and George had read more about spell time manipulation. Time manipulation was the spell when you focus only on one object that is about to fall to the ground. He would be able to stop it by stopping the universal time for that one object.

It was one of the basics in the book and the easiest. But Dream couldn't seem to do it. He could see everything around the vase stopping and turning into a blur excluding the vase that was full in his vision. Then he heard swords colliding far to his left. His vision immediately became full and everything around the vase he could see again.

The vase immediately fell to the floor when he was about to finally stop its time warp making him groan annoyed turning his head to Sapnap and Techno who were combating with their swords as the metals collide swiftly.

"You two! I thought I told you to be quiet! Yet you are fighting here! This is supposed to be an elemental stadium! Not a stadium for sword combat! Find another place!" George yelled annoyed glaring intensely at Techno and Sapnap who whined like kids needing candy.

Sapnap huffed crossing both his arms against his chest, "that is not fair! We're training here you know!" he yelled back as his voice room echoed.

George scoffed sneering, "Well we came here first. So you better get the bloody hell out of here before I absolute beat the-" He spoke but he was cut off by Ranboo who was close to the wall far right.

"Guys! I found a training room back here I think the two of you should come and see this" Ranboo exclaimed pointing a finger at the wall pushing his finger on it as they watch the wall slowly.

"Burning potatoes " "Holy shit," Techno and Sapnap said at the same time as they ran towards Ranboo dropping their respective swords to the ground entering the training room.

George sighed relieved placing both his hands on his waist turning his head to the dirty blond who was meant to be practicing right now. "Dream-" he was about to say but he cut himself off when he saw Dream glaring at the door to the other training room.

He watched as Dream turned his head now gazing at the prince who gave him a soft face, "You still need to practice your magic you know" George said grabbing onto Dream's wrists as the knight sighed weakly.

"I know I know, but we've been trying for the past hour. Not is working" he frowned grabbing the book from the bench that was beside them flipping to the pages in the Null Book lazily.

He closed the book using his hand harshly as he threw it quietly back to the bench. "There is no use George. I can't do this. I just knew I had magic yesterday. No one is expecting something from me" He said leaning against the wall with zero hope.

George smiled sadly wrapping his arms against Dream's chest pushing himself against the dirty blond. He looked up to Dream who gave him a look of nothingness but there was a slight of care seen on his face.

He spoke, "You know. I didn't expect you to like me back but did I give up? No, I didn't I just kept that love inside me. Because you don't give up until the moment your life is in dusts. You don't give up until the world ends" he sighed nuzzling his head against Dream's chest, "All my life I was stuck in my room. With no hope for life at all. Not until you came in" he laughed tracing scribbles on his palm.

He breathed in an amount of air, "You changed my life, Clay. You changed who I was yesterday from who I am now. So let me help you be you. We will get through this together okay? Together as we are holding hands with passion and love. Understood?" He muttered glaring at Dream who grinned lazily.

"Okay" he breathed pushing George away from him pressing his lips against the brunet's cheeks, "I'll do it. Let's go it"

•••

A/N Sorry for not posting yesterday! Anyways I just want to remind all of you that I very much appreciate all the love that you gave to me! Even if you just read this story that's enough to form a smile on my face. I really appreciate it!

Also, should I post the story "Lost Heroes" tomorrow? I'm low-key getting impatient now and I'm really excited to start it already! Although the upload will not be every day since this story is still ongoing until maybe next week Friday.

However, this story will still be daily except for Sunday which normally I am the busiest.