Chapter 48

George fluttered his eyes open as he grunted quietly kneeling on the cold floor below him. He looked around the place he was in however didn't recognize a single thing. The room was dark—really dark that he couldn't even tell whether if his eyes were shut or not.

He remembered how he got here. When he leaned against the mossy cobble wall and pressed his feet in the same spot as he was leaning against the moss. "I must have triggered something I shouldn't have" he murmured to himself as he tries to glance at his hands but failed only seeing darkness.

"Why is it so dark?" he muttered again snapping his fingers as he tried to summon his fire element to light the place a little. He noticed that his fire element wasn't showing up. He shrugged it off and snapped his fingers again but wouldn't budge again. He kept snapping and snapping until he was getting tired.

He gasped tiredly placing his hands on his waist sighing, "Why is my magic not working here? Is it just the fire element?" He asked the darkroom as he then heard the echo of his voice speaking bouncing against the walls or if there was. He tried to summon ice shards in front of him by pushing his hands to the air in front of him but failed miserably.

"Even my water element won't work" he mumbled frowning glancing around.

A wave of panic gets over his head when he realizes he was alone in the room. The calming breeze was heard in a horror way like he was on a planet filled with ghosts. He stands up from the unbelievably cold floor almost like ice trying to find the end of this room.

He kept his hands in front of him making sure that he wouldn't bump into the wall but it seemed useless. Minutes pass by but he didn't even feel a solid object in front of him other than the ice cold floor. It was felt like he was inside a dark abyss.

He gave up collapsing on the floor shivering. His knees were against his chest with his arms wrapped around his two legs like it was his own comfort pillow. "It is so cold" he shivered as he felt the cold air leave between his two lips. His muscles became tense and his whole body becomes numb. And his blood that is normally in a warm temperature is cold as the icy river.

Suddenly, he felt a wave of tiredness run over his body. He slightly widened his eyes panicking, nononono, he thought as he felt his eyelids getting heavy his whole body getting heavier as he was on the verge of passing out. "I can't pass out now," he said to himself fighting against himself that was about to pass out.

However, he was too late for that as his whole body collapsed to the floor cold.

•••

George George George, was the only thing Dream could ever think right now. His blood was circulating around his body at a fast pace like he was about to explode as he was on the verge of fear, panic, and regret.

He couldn't even think straight. He didn't even realize until now that he was just banging his head against the cobble wall where the white portal appeared in front of George. He stopped banging on the wall sighing. He glanced around the palace grounds around him trying to seek help but failed when he saw no one.

"Come on think Clay... what did he do? Just recall the memory come on" he murmured to himself frustrated as he paced back and forth glaring at his boots. Without even thinking, Dream leaned against the wall—the same wall George leaned against and placed his other leg on his foot.

'Click' he heard out of nowhere that made him glance in both directions. Silence followed the click after he glanced around. He sighed closing his eyes trying to remember how George got sucked into the portal.