Chapter 40

Crowds surrounding them like ants wanting to crave the sweet on the table like it was shining crystals in a dragons den. The two were surrounded while they were playing the game while the game master was cheering up the massive crowd.

"Just shoot it, George! It's not that hard!" Dream whined as he stares at George who had a plastic ball in his hand whilst staring at the small target hole meters away from him struggling to focus with sounds surpassing his ears.

As the night goes on, the festival was getting louder and was getting more hyper as the minute passes. Villagers were starting to come out from their houses with nice attires unlike usual when they come out for the day. "Just shut up okay? I'm trying to concentrate here!" the brunet spoke slightly annoyed.

George wasn't even paying attention to the massive crowd surrounding the two cheering for him not only because he was the one trying but also because he was the prince. Disgust filled him when he saw a few girls watching him from afar with massive smiles on their faces giving him a flirty look. God what a night, he thought rolling his eyes.

He started aiming the ball to the hole as he closed his dominant eye keeping the other one directly straight at the hole. He grunted when he released the ball throwing his body for a slight when he finally threw. He stopped keeping his eye on the target as the ball went flying to the calm atmosphere. The ball went through the hole cleanly not bumping to any of the sides. "And your highness Prince George wins the price! Give the prince a round of applause everybody!" the owner of the game said loudly.

George felt Dream lift him up from the ground using his two large arms that snaked around his torso. His boots were no longer touching the ground and he was now floating. "You did it! Oh my God!" Dream exclaimed jumping playfully.

"Ugh! PUT. ME DOWN!" George shouted pushing himself away from Dream with the help of his hands and Dream's chest. Loud woo's and hoorays were heard and claps of hands colliding were heard around them as Dream finally put the prince down.

George rolled his eyes smiling playfully, "Whatever it was nothing anyways" he spoke as he saw the owner of the game give him a large teddy bear. "Your highness" the man spoke giving the bear to the prince. George gladly took it smirking to himself that he actually did it. Of course, he definitely didn't sweat.

The Prince looked back to his knight "See I told you it's fun!" Dream exclaimed, George could sense a huge grin on the dirty blond's face currently when he looked around wanting to do more games.

He pressed his lips into a thin line pressing the bear against his chest as his chin rested on its head "It really isn't though" he lied looking away.

Dream turned his face to the prince to see that George was smiling happily looking at the bear in the eyes. "Liar" Dream mumbled smiling softly.

The brunet's eyebrows raised, "I heard that" George muttered loud enough for Dream to hear causing him to laugh for a slight moment.

"Yes, you did now come on. I think we played enough games here let's go back" Dream spoke as he sees the crowd around them slowly disappear turning their attention to other people who are playing. George nodded in agreement as he felt a slight push on his back caused by Dream's large hand.

The two made their way on the road bumping into a different stranger who was too busy to even pay attention to them because of the festival. While they were all on their way to the palace the brunet turned his gaze to the sky only to see many floating lanterns in the sky in different colors. He stopped in his tracks watching in awe; his jaws dropping dead on the floor at pure amazement.

He saw Dream wonder why he stopped before he looked up also watching in amazement as he sees lanterns in different colors floating to the sky one by one as they slowly disappear like they were balloons, slowly losing air until they were the size of an ant. "This... this is-"

"It's lovely isn't it" George cut the dirty blond off who nodded in agreement.

"It is" Dream spoke staring back at the brunet who was watching with a soft face keeping his eyes on the lanterns like they were stars shimmering right in front of his eyes. Dream immediately looked away when he saw George stare back at him sighing.

"Let's get going, the view is just going to distract us" George smiled sadly, unhappy because he was about to miss the stunning view of lanterns floating in the sky. Dream noticed the sadness in the brunet as he looked around to see a box that was filled with lanterns. He smiled and instantly ran to the box grabbing a blue and a green lantern as he got back to George.

"I mean we still have five minutes" Dream mumbled, the brunet widened his eyes when he saw the two lanterns that were on Dream's hands.

George laughed giving Dream a look of annoyance, "Five minutes" he repeated grabbing the blue lantern out of Dream's grasp. Dream smiled as he saw George grab a candle from the tables beside slowly lighting up his lantern. The brunet faced him also lighting up Dream's green lantern.

They both kept the lanterns on their hands that were already starting to float. "We need paper" George spoke panicking as he quickly looked around hoping to find a quill and a paper.

"Paper? For what?" Dream asked also looking around to see a paper and a quill right next to him. He grabbed the two quickly as he gave it to the prince who gladly took it.

George made his way to the small table beside him as he kept his lantern on his right hand and used his left hand to write something down on his paper. Once he had finished he placed the paper in the lantern looking back at Dream who was deeply confused. "People say wishes come true when they put papers with wishes in them in their chosen lanterns" George chuckledz

Dream laughed, "Oh really now?" he spoke rolling his eyes. He thought that the rumor was childish. Wishes don't just come true. However, the idea was delightful. The idea of wishes being written on paper before it flies into thin air never to be seen again into the sky. Part of him liked that idea and warmed his heart.

"I say you do it. Who knows it might come true~" George laughed nudging Dream's shoulder playfully as he grinned looking back at the sky to see more new lanterns floating and old ones that were now in the sky about the size of ants.

The dirty blond rolled his eyes as he grabbed a piece of paper and a quill writing down his wish on the paper. He sighed smiling softly as the ink of his quill dances through the paper like a candle that lights on fire living trails of ash behind. I wish he thought as his quill stops.  He sighed,

I wish I can finally have the courage to confess my love to George. And I wish that he would accept my feelings and return them back.

He wrote sighing folding the piece of paper placing it on the lantern. His heart did flips when he saw George giggle seeing him make a wish. Why is he so adorable? His mind told him, he didn't even complain about what his mind was saying. It was true anyways the prince was adorable, plus handsome.

"Dream! Come on let's release them!" George said excitingly grabbing Dream's wrist as he leads them close to the crowd. As they both arrived near the crowd they both looked at each other before they turned their glances to their lanterns.

Dream stared down at the note inside the lantern as he closes his eyes softly. "I really wish this would come true" he mumbles to himself opening his eyes as he sees George also open his eyes as well. They both look at each other grinning in sync.

They both hold hands as they both count to three finally releasing their lanterns to the air with their wishes inside them along with the other lanterns. Dream stared at his own lanterns in awe and hope. Hope that his wish would come true.

"Come on let's get back to the palace"

1457 words