Chapter 17

Wandering down the woods, owls cooing on the corner of the trees, and wolves howling loudly. The sound of bushes making bush sounds as animals in various sizes run past them or in them. Small and large trees were beside the rough forest path filled with rough and smooth rocks that a person can easily stumble upon.

Continuing on to the forest path as small chipmunks, rabbit and even skunks ran past through him. As he roams through the forest path; the orange leaves were crunched below his feet, at the end he saw a village. The village was filled with numbers of tents made out of large leaves from trees and there was a small fireplace in the middle where people gather around.

The people of the village look at him in pure confusion and suspicion deep in their thoughts as they all pull out daggers and axes about to defend themselves thinking he was someone they must fear off at this point.

He placed his hands up in the air to where people can see the palm and spoke. "Fear not people. I am a homeless outsider with nothing but clothes to wear. If you all may, can I have some food to eat?" he said glaring at all of the people.

The people of the village all stare at him with a lack of distrust but after all of them have talked whispering to each other as to whether they should accept him or not. They all agreed giving him food to eat to prevent starvation and clothes for him to wear to keep himself clean.

Dream woke to see the faint shine shimmer against his eyes causing them to flick a few times. He slowly opens his eyes little by little as he feels small hands wrapped around him protectively. He looked up him and saw George still asleep his eyelids shut and his breathing calm.

I hope he didn't see my face, he thought worrying as he carefully lifts the brunet's arms that we're wrapped softly and protectively around him placing them on the soft bed underneath their warm bodies. Dream carefully got up as he sighed looking outside seeing that it was early morning since the sun just got up.

He then remembered the dream he just had. It was an ordinary dream but yet again it felt real just like the last time. At the last dream it was him leaving in a kingdom that was to old cultured for him to handle. But this time it was like the next chapter of that dream. How is that even possible? he thought gulping as he looked around seeing that the mask that he had placed yesterday was still there rested untouched.

He carefully bent down, clutching the mask that he took of earlier for him to get a little more comfortable just like the prince had said. But now he kept questioning himself questions like--What if he saw my face? What if he thinks I'm ugly? What if he hates me? The ordinary questions; he started to get nervous as his hands were sweating and his nerves were shaking out of stress running through his veins.

He shook his head as he looks at the smile painted on the circle white mask as his lips curved downwards scarcely. "He wouldn't think that" he muttered to himself as he flipped the mask and placed the back of it carefully on his face; clipping the two ends together on the back after.

He looks at the prince who was sleeping peacefully on the bed, he grinned. He looks cute- no! You don't think he's cute. You're just his knight Clay, nothing else. He fought with the thought shaking his head frowning.

He didn't know why he was so sad about him being only a knight. He didn't even know if they were friends. It was possible but he can't sure, and if they were unlikely to be friends. It was impossible to be more than friends... Right?

He left the bathroom with only cargo pants on his legs buttoned tightly. His green sleeve was hanged around his arms as he his hair was messy still wet because of him taking a nice comforting hot shower. As he takes his final step outside the bathroom he saw George on the bed reading a book with whole new different clothes before. "Pri- George? How did you-" Dream asked stuttering slightly amazed but was cut off.

"When I woke up I saw you enter the bathroom so I decided to leave your room and also take a shower whilst you were taking it as well" George spoke simply as he turns his face to Dream who was half-naked; showing his toned six-packed abs and smooth skin that George immediately blushed at looking away from him back to his book.

"Wh- why are you- Go change!" George stuttered blushing madly as he tried to hide his face from the dirty blond; his face colored like a red tomato maybe even redder as he felt a swarm of butterflies inside his stomach fluttering giving him small tickles.

Dream smirked as he saw George get flustered by just him getting naked in front of him. "Why Georgie? Flustered? You're blushing like crazy right now sweetheart" he teased as he sees George blush even more now because of the pet name now looking the other direction away from Dream and his book looking at the wall in front of him.

"Shut up" he heard George muttered as he pressed his clenched up fists against his face embarrassed. Dream only smirked even more as he slowly dressed with his deep dark forest green sleeve along with his leather armor. He grabbed his golden sword placing it on his side against his cargo pants.

He looked back at the brunet who was still looking away from him staring at the wall in front of him completely zones out because of what he has seen over the past couple of seconds. Dream rolled his eyes grinning as he sat at his bed; tapping him on his shoulder lightly receiving a flinch from George making the brunet look back at him again.

"Hi" Dream spoke grinning, George nervously smiled back as he stands up straightening his clothes sighing. He grabbed the two books that he grabbed back in the library as he looks at Dream. "I'll get going, you should go training or something I'll be busy I don't want any disturbance" George spoke as he exited the room quickly with his books leaving Dream in his room confused.

Dream was on his way outside the palace but was cut of by a voice calling out his name behind him. He quickly turned his gaze behind and saw the Queen who had a maid following her like usual. Dream gave a nice smile as he bowed his head only grinning. "Good morning your majesty. What seems to be the problem that you need help on?" Dream asked nicely.

Queen Clasha smiled at Dream's manners as she grabs a small cup made out of pure gold that was held by the with her two fingers; filling it with fresh water that she could drink on. She takes a sip of her water before speaking up. "Nothing, I was just asking where you are going? Is something wrong? You are not with my son right now" she slightly frowned but smiled right after.

Dream sighed, what was he supposed to tell her? Oh nothing your son just told me to leave him alone because he's busy and I should go train. No, that seemed too suspicious for Dream and too fake. "He told me to give him some silence because he is reading his book" he told her giving the Queen a reassuring look.

The Queen nodded, "I see you are dismissed. You can go and train if you may" she spoke smiling as she turned back to where she was going as the maid followed. Dream let's out a sigh in relief out of the nervousness as he scratches his neck going back outside to the training room.

When he arrived at the training room there were barely any knights in there. At the left, he saw bows and arrows. His favorite spot was there since he was that good at archery so that's where he went.

He grabbed a bow and placed an arrow on it looking for the hardest target possible. He saw a target that was about sixty yards away from where he was standing. He slowly aimed his bow to the target directly at the bullseye making sure that his hands won't shake and stay still. He closed his left eye as he kept his right eye on the target, he then released and saw the arrow going flying.

He waited until the bow hit the target looking carefully. Then he saw an arrow directly at the red dot. "Bullseye," he said to himself smirking happily. "Nice aim" a voice spoke behind him that belonged to Sapnap.

Dream smiled as he looked behind him seeing Sapnap leaning against the wall holding his sword. "Nice to see you here. Are you going to train?" Dream questioned the ravenette who shook his head. "I was supposed to practice knife throwing but now I want to do something different after I saw you" he spoke as he walked towards Dream

The dirty blond stares at him confused as he sees Sapnap come closer to him standing in front of him. "I want to train with you by dueling" he spoke confidently smiling at Dream.

Dream chuckled sneering; looking at Sapnap who was heavily confident. "A duel huh?"