Chapter 55

Birds were flying through the atmosphere above the earth's surface. Flying and gliding through the direction the wind takes them to form into a zigzag that would instantly amaze anyone who they come across because of their organization. They pass through the air disappearing when they come across heavy water vapor that formed clouds.

Behind the palace were huge mountains stacked to one another. The sun was starting to set and the full moon that will turn into a blooded moon today this midnight was starting to rise. The sun was like the water that splashed to the ground with paint that has the colors of blue, purple, violet, red, orange, yellow, and pink. Except it was on the sky, the light of the sun scattered around the sky like it as paint painting the sky numerous amount of colors.

As the sun disappears from Dream's vision he sighed running his hands through his hair placing them back to the wall of his balcony. He was wearing the suit he designed and Niki created for him. A forest green suit and a black and some sparks of the gold details on the shirt below it. He was wearing royal black pants mostly used for balls and had a golden sword strap around the small leather belt.

He truly admired his outfit spending some minutes staring at himself in the mirror. At this moment of time, he knew he couldn't mess things up. He was going to attend a royal ball that has been waiting for years--he wasn't even born or maybe even the royals in this world. No one knows the future of this ball. No one knows if something bad would happen except for the Gods that run time.

The present

The past

And the future

Whatever the prince has been rambling about needed to be stopped. He wasn't going to let the prince worry that much about a ball that he waited for so many years of his life. He couldn't let himself have too much fun at the ball spending time watching the princess and prince dance with their partners. No, there was only one reason he ever attended this and it was for George.

He was not going to let anything happen to him at all cause. He will only watch the prince for his dear life making sure that there wouldn't be any assassination that would be attempted. And if there was he would protect him for his life that he would completely forget about his own.

He sighed as he made his way to the door but something caught his attention again. The book, there was something about the book he kept worrying about. He didn't know why but it kept shaking as if there was something that has been trapped in there. But he always reminded himself that it was a mortal and human book. So there was nothing special in it. He gulped heavily placing the shaking book back to the shelf carefully not dropping it making his way back to the door standing in front of it.

His hands gestured to the handle of the door. He took a deep breath as his fingers made his way to the lock, "One step outside. One step forward. Maids will be everywhere, knights will be guarding and other royals will be appearing. Shouldn't be too much pressure" he chuckled to himself nervously running his hands through his wavy locks one last time pushing the handle down.

As expected he instantly heard the ballroom music going. It has been going for hours now, maids were serving glasses of wine to the kings and queens and some royal children about the age of four to twelve were just running around with their suits and dresses. Royal knights dressed in black were seen in each corner. There were only a few people in the ballroom for now. Some were probably still entering greeting Queen Clasha, King Rafao, and Prince George of Elemenia.

Dream didn't want to be the center of attention when he comes down walking through the stairs so he takes the longer route through the halls. He made his way to the end of the halls making his way down towards the stairs quietly. Once he reached downstairs he felt a light tap on his shoulder.