Chapter 26

Sounds of leather hard boots colliding making a crunch sound with the hard rough ground filled with rocks and crunchy leaves colored red and orange like the colors of fire burning.

The two already left the abandoned village done with exploring. However, it seemed like none of the two wanted to go back in the middle of the night. "I'm tired, my legs are numb and my hands are dead. The other world is another hour away" George whined finally speaking up as he stops walking looking at Dream.

Dream sighed as he also stopped glaring around the woods seeing tall trees that had dark green vines hanging on them all around surrounding the forest path. "Then we should stop here and rest then we can continue on tomorrow" he spoke.

Sounds of various of animals were all around the wilderness as he glances around him and the brunet as he feels that he had seen this place before. Carefully gazing at every detail of the place forgetting that he had a tired prince beside him he saw the same cave he slept on the day of the fire.

He grinned, "There" he spoke. He felt George's hand lightly smack against his hold the brunet turning to where he was implying noticing that there was a cave not too far ahead to rest in for now.

George felt himself smile knowing that he can finally take a rest after their long adventure. He and Dream made their way to the cave noticing that the cave had nothing or no one in it. It was a perfect place for them to sleep on for now.

The two placed their bags on the solid rock floor. George unzipped the bag open as he pulled out a small lamp. Right when he pulled out the lamp, it shook slightly going left and right non stop. George groaned annoyed at the sounds that it was making as he placed his palm on the handle making it stop shaking.

He sighed relieved that the annoying noises that it was making echoed around the cave that they were in finally stopped. He pulled the door open to see that there was a small candle behind the glass doors. He lifted his right finger as he lit it on fire slowly tapping the tip on the candle.

The candle slowly lit on fire dancing against the warm calm wind like it breeze was the music and the fire was the body. George giggled at the thought of the fire being human as he closed the glass doors looking back at Dream who was sitting against the rock wall staring at the entrance gazing at the glistening stars at night.

George grabbed the small lamp by its handle that was on top like a crown. He walked towards Dream who looked back at him because of the footsteps that he was making. The brunet saw the dirty blond furrow his eyebrows at him behind the mask that had holes in front of Dream's emerald green eyes. "You actually came prepared?" Dream spoke impressed.

George smirked slightly, "A prince is always prepared for any kind of situation," he said simply as he placed the lamp directly in front of the dirty blond. George sat at the rock floor that had a faint layer of dust on it as he quickly swiped it away from him.

He sat beside Dream who was staring at nothing but the floor. "If the Queen and King find out we snuck out. Do you think we'll get scolded?" Dream questioned turning his head to George. George sighed smiling weakly looking at Dream's face that was covered with his mask.

"Probably.." the brunet spoke sighing as he stretched his arms out pressing his head's side to Dream's shoulder. "But it's not the time to worry about that. It's the middle of the night" he then said closing his eyes shut softly feeling his eyes getting heavy slowly losing motion.

He heard Dream sigh at the other end; feeling the dirty blond's body shift closer to him. He felt Dream's soft long arms around him pulling him closer to Dream's chest resting softly. George hummed faintly smiling as he nuzzled further to Dream's chest. "Night George" he heard Dream as he drifts off to sleep.