Chapter 39

The two sat on the rocks out of breath. The prince looked at the fountain with a fearful look. "That has to be some ancient door that who knows how long it has been there!" the prince exclaimed as he saw Dream turn his head to his boots trying to catch his breath. They both thought that the cave behind that fountain was supposed to be magical, and have a magnificent eye-catching view. Not an old-looking door with a skull.

"God so this is how I celebrate my own birthday way to go" Dream murmured under his breath sarcastically. He sees the brunet turn his head to the dirty blond immediately his eyes widening in surprise. George stood up raising an eyebrow.

"It's your birthday!? Why didn't you tell me?" George mumbled frowning deeply. He didn't know it was his own personal knight's birthday. He panicked—What if Dream didn't trust him enough? He didn't know if Dream even enjoyed quality time with him. What if he hated him?

"Do you not trust me? I'm sorry I should have given you something better. We shouldn't have come here. We should have done something more-" the brunet rambled quickly looking at the ground on the verge of tears.

Dream shook his head denying the prince cutting him off by wrapping his arms protectively around the prince instantly telling him to shut his mouth up. "George this is enough okay? Spending quality time with you is more than enough for me. And the sketch you made for me is one of the best presents I had" The dirty blond murmured to the prince who had tears forming in his eyes.

George shook his head, "But you could have gotten better though. You're my knight and you protected me countless times and I gave you nothing but this piece of the sketch" he cries out letting his face sink into Dream's leather armor.

Dream felt his heart shatter at the prince's words. Do you not understand? You're the best present I had George. Not because of your title, not because you're rich. But because you were my first friend ever. Your little jokes would make me smile and flustered, your soft giggles would warm my heart, your personality would always keep me alive George. He rambled in his thoughts wishing that he had the guts to say it all to the prince.

"You can never give me something better because you already gave me the best gift ever" Dream mumbled pulling George to his chest more as he tangled his fingers around George's deep forest brown hair. His nerves tingled as he felt the prince's hands on his chest. Oh, how the sweet soft touch would make butterflies erupt in his stomach wishing to be let out.

He thought about it, those small touches that color his cheeks a shade of pink. The murmurs, mumbles, any type of voice that the prince would speak would make him calm and relieved. The way he would miss the brunet's touch when he lives him alone. He thought deeply sinking himself into the nothingness.

He mentally lit himself up when he realized what the feeling was. What the gift the prince gave was... could it be? My gift is you. he thought closing his eyes, I think...I have fallen in love with you.

After so many months of spending time with the prince. The days they would spend time with each other. Dream is his personal knight with the armor to protect the prince at any cause. And the loving mystery prince who would hide in the shadows and read his book alone. He finally realized what the feeling was ever since he met the prince. It was love

He felt himself levitate when he saw the prince look up at him with a soft smile on his face. Dream's lips curved upwards forming a soft smile back as he wipes away the tear that was on the brunet's cheek rubbing his thumb against the pale skin. "Will I ever see your face?" the prince asked softly nuzzling his head back at Dream.

Dream screamed mentally to himself. Why did he feel so secure with the prince? The mask was supposed to be used only for his identity. He did trust George and he will trust George always but there was another reason he kept the mask with a smile painted on for so long. It was to keep his feelings for himself.

Ever since his village burned down along with his family. He has been mentally depressed. He would always sob before passing out to sleep because of exhaustion. Sometimes he would also get flustered around the prince and he didn't enjoy getting teased about it.

Lastly was his anger. Anger was obvious when it comes to facial expressions and he knew that. He didn't want to be called a monster. "I promise I'll show it to you someday" Dream mumbled softly raising his mask up placing his lips on the brunet's hair.

"Let's get going. The sun is starting to set"

The brunet nodded pushing himself away from Dream, "Okay" he spoke grabbing his sketch as they both start heading towards Spirit. Spirit kicked her hooves to the air when she saw the two coming towards her.

"Spirit!" George exclaimed hugging her neck before getting up the saddle that was on her back with the help of Dream who then got to the back grabbing the ropes as he swung it to air telling Spirit to start galloping.

♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎

The two dropped off Spirit when they finally arrived in Draco's barn. George spoke his goodbyes with a wide grin while Dream had a look of disgust and jealousy when he saw the two hug each other. "Ugh, can we please get to the palace? I don't want to be here now" He whined poking George's shoulder.

The brunet rolled his eyes turning his gaze back at Dream. "Fine fine, we'll get going I'm starving anyways" he smiled.

The dirty blond smiled nodding as he and George made their way to the palace as the sun starts to set. Their fingers were interlocked as they hold each other's hands tightly. Dream his heart explode when the prince's thumb brushed against his knuckles. Did that simple touch really just make me flustered? He said in his thoughts aware that there was a blush creeping on his face.

They were both halfway through to reach the end of the palace. Lanterns of different colors were floating around the village with cheerful civilians running around laughing with their friends. "There's a mini-festival going around" the prince murmured when he saw a group of friends playing dunk tank. He chuckled when he saw the man who was sitting at the edge inside the tank fall when one of his friends hit the target.

"A what?" Dream questioned raising an eyebrow.

"A festival. Where people just hang around and play games you know. Happens every month or so" George grinned.

"PRINCE GEORGE!" An exciting girl voice exclaimed as loud music erupted into thin air. The two widened their eyes looking at each other. "Oh God" they both mumbled instantly looking to where the voice came from to see a group of girls with small dresses looking at the prince with pure excitement.

The group of girls made their way to the prince politely as they all clear their throats. The first girl who seemed to be the leader of the group first approached the prince who shifted closer to Dream uncomfortable at the situation. "Your majesty" the girl bowed dramatically lifting her dress up using both hands. "If you may would you like to join the festival? I am sure the people of the village would gladly accept your presence" the girl smiled lifting her head up.

Dream shot his eyes open as he glared at George with a pleading look begging for him to accept the offer. The dirty blond grabbed George's wrist. "Come on G- Prince George. It will be fine besides" Dream leaned in two the brunet's ear closer. "It's my birthday~" he spoke teasingly.

George rolled his eyes annoyed as he looked up to Dream with an annoyed look. He thought deeply, "Ugh fine but we leave in twenty minutes that's final" George grumbled crossing his arms.

Both Dream and the girl shot their eyes open excitingly. "What are we waiting for come on!" he exclaimed pulling George to the games as George let out a gasp.

"This will be the longest twenty minutes of my life"

1409 words

The Hidden Kingdom of Magic | Dreamnotfound ✔︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें