Chapter 1

At night in the middle of the woods where tall trees to where birds make their nests and where hungry beasts that eats humans and animals that meant no harm to them can be found. There lays a small village with a small amount of villagers and a smaller amount of families.

The village was kept hidden for the past years from outsiders and hunters. Selfish hunters that just burn, destruct and kill for their own satisfaction. That was the reason why it was kept well hidden. It was for the villagers safety.

It was midnight, the moon was on the top and the wolves were howling nonstop. Dream was trying his best to sleep but always gets cut of when he is close to falling dead asleep by a howl.

He groaned when he heard another howl and covered his face with his pillow. His eyes were itching and he was so close on grabbing his axe and killing that wolf immediately. But he waited for it to stop when the time comes.

Their house wasn't the best, neither was the other houses in the village. Everybody here was poor, and can only live with the animals that are in the woods and the crops which they serve as food, although the house was definitely enough for their survival and safety from animals.

Dream groaned as he sat up on his bed but then heard multiple steps coming in his way. He widened his eyes knowing that no one usually is up this hour even his family. He quickly opened the window in his room and immediately went under his bed, peaking from under.

He heard his door creak open and saw large feet of people that were wearing heavy metal boots. "No one is here. But the window is open" the guy spoke harshly which made Dream shiver. Hunters, he thought gulping nervously.

The guy neared the bed and started crouching down but was cut of when a new guy came in which was wearing heavy boots also and a hook at his other foot which Dream immediately was disgusted at. "What are you idiots doing in here!? Get back to work!" he yelled which made Dream sigh in relief. God their leader just saved my life somehow.

"Yes sir!" The three spoke and immediately exited the room. When the coast was clear Dream immediately got out under the bed and took a shaky deep breath out as he grabbed his axe placing it in his back.

Dream grabbed all the things he needed for survival and placed it all in his bag. He quickly went out of his room and saw all four hunters leave the house. He ran towards the room to where his parents sleep and pushed the door open which was already open which was unusual only to see his mom and dad dead at the floor, blood splattered everywhere.

"Mom!" He cried out as he dropped to the floor and held his mom using her neck to him as he try to wake her up by shaking her. "Please please" he pleaded as tears roll down his cheek. He gave up and went to his dad and also tried to wake him up but got nothing in response. They were dead

He got up and wiped away his tears sniffling and breathing uncontrollably. He looked around his parent's bedroom and saw the family photo of them all three in the woods fishing. He grabbed the picture frame and shoved it in his bag as he sighed still shaking scared.

He closed his eyes sighing then opened the door only to see fire already in the roofs. "Those selfish pricks!" he yelled as he ran towards the door outside the house to catch up with the hunters. When he reached the outside he saw the hunters run away inside the woods leaving all the houses getting burnt down slowly.

He looked around his village which was once his home only to see dead bodies at the floor with blood covered all over them, houses getting burnt down and houses getting destructed because of the fire. He felt a tear run down his cheek as he closed his eyes wishing all of his was a dream but when he opened them it was still happening.

He grabbed his axe from his back and walked towards the forest path giving the abandoned village which he once called home one last look and one last goodbye before finally walking away through the deep dark woods filled with horrifying and dangerous beasts that can eat him alive.

He walked through the forest path hearing owls cooing at the tree branches on their nests and crows flying through the cold breeze in the  sky, dancing with the wind. He felt dead yet alive when he saw that the moon was shining brightly upon him, the moon light hitting the skin of his face.

He stopped in his tracks when he heard a growl at his left and the bushes moving making bush sounds. He carefully brought out his axe, looking around feeling that eyes were at him in disguise behind the bushes.

He sensed something that there was something behind him so he swung his axe behind and saw that there was a wolf that had tried to bite him from the back without any sort of warning. He had cut the head and the body of the wolf in half and saw blood splatted on the ground.

As the body and the head of the wolf dropped to the forest floor, the dirty blond heard whimpers of other wolves around him. His gaze turned to the direction he was heading on and saw the other wolves that had their eyes on him.

He smirked when he saw them get scared at him because of him killing a wolf in their pack. "Scram" he hissed as he stomped his foot on the ground harshly making the pack run the other way he was going too.

He was lucky that the world chose his dad to be his father. His dad was great with axes and swords, as long as it was weapons his dad was good at it. His dad taught him how to protect himself from others that he knew that will mean a lot of harm to him.

His dad was a great fighter and is beyond the capabilities Dream has on fighting. He grabbed a small leaf at the ground and used it to removed the wolf's blood out of the axe's point.

He sighed as he removed the last drop of deep red blood of the axe. He looks around and saw that there was a cave at the left not to far away. That could be nice place to stay for the mean time. He thought, making his way towards the large cave.

When he arrived at the cave he saw that it was spacious, possibly more spacious than the house he had lived in with his family who is now in the afterlife. He placed his bag at the side of the cave and unzipped it open, pulling out a lamp.

He placed the lamp at the center of the cave ad he turned it on. He sighed, sitting beside the lamp placing his axe beside him. He looked around the cave seeing that the cave had nothing in it, it was just a hole. Not even an insect can be seen of webs at the ceiling can be found.

He felt himself getting tired, so he got ready for bed. The dirty blond leaned against the wall of the cave and grabbed the blanket which was in his bag. He placed the thin blanket across his body and nuzzled his face against it.

Then the rest of the night was blank

1309 Words
Almost forgot to post a chapter today