Chapter 24

Flashback

Clay was young at that time; he was about eight year's old. He didn't that much yet; he had no idea in fighting; he didn't know how to cook. All he knew was how to read or how to speak properly because of his obsession with books.

Usually he was always in his room reading his books or his neighbor's books borowing them peacefully alone. He didn't have any idea of the outside world back then. He never got to explore the forest and never got to do adult and teen tasks since because he was still a kid.

However he wasnt complaining since at that time he wasn't even into that stuff because he's young. He did love reading though. Clay was about to leave the house about to return a book that he had borrowed until he stumbled on something. "Ouch! Oops" he exclaimed but mumbled at the next word as he looks down.

He saw a leather brown book that had no title on it whatsoever. He picked it up slightly tilting his head confused. "What a boring book. It doesn't even have designs on it" he huffed with a pout planted on his face.

He looked at the small kitchen as he sees his mom who was looking at him smiling. "Clay? What do you have there?" his mom asked? Clay filled air on his right cheek as he sighed.

"I saw this book on the floor. It's boring though, like look! It has nothing on it!" he exclaimed showing the book to his mom with him holding on both sides. He heard his mom chuckle as she went over to the small living room sitting at the small couch beside.

Clay took the hint as he walked towards his mom placing the book he was about to return on the table while the one he called 'boring' was on his hands. He gave the book to his mom who accepted it keeping the large book on her hands.

His mom shifted closer to him as she pulled Clay to her side. "Clay do you want to know a story about this book?" she questioned her dearest son who nodded eagerly. Clay loved stories at this time; he adored them and will listen to them carefully keeping every word to his mind as long as he can keep them.

His mom chuckled, "that's what I thought, now" she spoke looking at her son in the eyes smiling.

"Once upon a time in this village. A man kept this book all his life from his teenage years until the day he died. He kept it at his diary. Every month he would write a whole page in this book turning it into some novel. Although no one knew what he was writing or had understood what he was writing"

"He was indeed a mysterious man. That's why everyone loved him. And the day he died people were devastated but he left a letter beside the note saying:

'After centuries, this book will come to the right person at the right time and will be able to open this book that I had written my whole life. It will be passed from generation to generation waiting for it to be passed to the special one. Keep it my people and in the right time. The world will finally come into peace'

"Only some dared to ever open the book even seeing that the man was indeed someone special. His family kept it passing it from generation to generation for hundreds of year's. Yet no one was able to open the book. Like there was a hidden code"

Her mom finally spoke as she placed the book on the small wooden table in the middle. Clay gave her a terrified look as he felt shivers run down to his spine shaking. However, some part of him wasn't scared at all. He wanted to also know the history of the book and even open it. "Will I be able to open it?" Clay mumbled questioning as he kept his look at the heavy large book.

His mom chuckled wrapping her arms around Clay's waist bringing him up to her lap. "Maybe someday my son you will be the lucky one to open the book" she spoke. Clay nodded as he kept hid gaze at the book staring at it like it was a diamond that is worth more than his house.

"Maybe I can do it" he murmured to himself giving his mom a soft smile.

Apologies for the short chapter. I wanted to keep one chapter one concept so it wouldn't be confusing, sorry! :(