Chapter 60

It all made sense now. The dreams, the visions, the observations he made, the book, the nightmares. He should have done something about it. Yet, here he is lying on the cold floor his head against the concrete wall and his forehead laid against his arm that was crossed against the joint on his knee.

Wondering what his future will be.
Wondering why he was stupid to let the past happen.
Wondering why in the present he is doing nothing.

So many questions and problems yet none can be answered. Typical. It always happens, someone asks questions about the situation yet none of the people around them answers including themselves. It was like a mystery waiting to be solved for years, centuries, or maybe even an eternity. Pathetic that he couldn't find out the answer to his own question.

George lifted his head up and saw Dream who was laying on the couch his chin rested on his hands staring at the nothing but the distant air surrounding them. He thought that he was probably stressed about what just happened in the previous hour.

Techno and Sapnap were lazily playing cards; the other one cheering when he realizes that he got a good card that could beat the other while the other one groans annoyed. It was like a cycle. Bad—the demon and the sorcerer were over there stressing with his potions and books trying to find the cure for the people who had now turned into hard stone in the ballroom left alone with the shadow ones.

George hasn't told anyone yet what those creatures—what the fog was but he was planning on telling them soon. The shadow ones from his nightmares were the exact same when he saw the fog. The fog of the shadows. Cold as the south pole. Cold enough when it touches something it becomes hard. But they don't turn into ice. They turn into stone.

The skies were black and gray like they were in a black hole. There was barely any light out there and the moon was only visible since there was a hole given. But the moon wasn't the blooded moon that was orange like the sun. It was bloody red like real blood from a person.

He shivered when he remembered when he saw his parents turn into stone. Right when both of his parents were down. He knew he couldn't let himself turn weak now. He couldn't let himself cry and scream in terror like it could save his parents like a snap. He had to stay strong and find a way to save them.

For now, he was the king and he will save them and the people from danger at all costs.

The tension between all was quiet. As much as no one liked it they didn't want to disturb the horrific silence. George glanced around and saw Ranboo head against the wall; his eyes directly at the chandelier in the middle as he was dumbfounded. His whole body was weak and his hands were just swaying against the air. Almost like he was traumatized.

Oh! How could he forget? He was the one who tried to save the people; he was the one who tried to keep them from turning into stone. But he was also the one who knew this was going to happen; he was also the one who could have prevented this from happening. So did that mean he was the cause?

He couldn't believe it that easily. The kid was pale like he has been through a childhood trauma. He looked so innocent to be the one causing this. But right now, George wouldn't think that. Right now, George would jump to conclusions that he wouldn't if he had evidence or not.

So here he was making his way to the kid his eyes flashed with anger and blood boiling as it ran through his veins. He brought his hands out to his side slowly sending them upwards like he was carrying something that made large vines crawl beneath him.

Once they were long enough he pushed his hands in front of Ranboo touching nothing but air but the vines that crawled slammed against Ranboo's neck making him groan in pure agony and pain. His eyes were red like fire and he knew what was happening again. He was losing control of his temper again making his surroundings and power lose control also.