There, several doctors and specialists waited for them to begin the scan that he needed. Yami and Mana left the gurney to them and they were forced out of the X Ray room and into the little space where the scans were examined.

Miho stood tensely behind one specialist as the scan took place. Pictures of many different parts of the young teen were displayed on the screen, but they showed no signs of any damage that wasn't tended to. That was in the parts of the body.

But it was brain that really concerned Yami and everyone else who looked on. He leaned over the specialist's shoulder and pointed at the front of it, pointing out several dark splotches.

"What are those black spots all over the frontal lobe?" He muttered.

The specialist, known by name as Seto Kaiba, or just Kaiba, looked at the spot he pointed out.

"...lemme go in closer." He returned, clicking the mouse twice and making the scanner zoom in more to the brain as it took pictures.

The room was silent, sending shivers down Yami's spine as he watched on the edge of his seat. Kaiba stopped on the spot Yami pointed out.

It was blood. Yami and all the other doctors knew it was. Mana's gasp could be heard from right beside Yami.

"It's blood." Mana said, sure to keep her voice low in the silent atmosphere that surrounded her.

"But there's only one question..." Kaiba muttered, clicking and dragging all around the area, "...where is it coming from? There's no source here."

"Go down a bit." Yami told him, watching the screen intensely with all the other doctors and nurses who stood in the room with him, "There could be something in the Temporal Lobe that is making this happen..."

Seto went down and sure enough, Yami's suspicions were correct as they are almost all the time. There were bruises and cuts on that region from an unknown cause, that let out natural sedation, therefore preventing him from waking from his sleep.

It's just as Yami feared. Kaiba nodded and pointing around that area, circling it with his finger.

"We need to take him into operation immediately. With this kind of injury, his memory could be thrown into jeopardy." Seto stood up, "Set up an OR for him. Make it fast, because this boy might not have long until his memory begins to fade out."

Almost as if on cue, all the doctors filed out, including Yami, who ran right through a transparent figure, who was invisible to everyone who was in the room.

There were tears in his eyes and his wings fell lower. He watched the doctors all depart for the same reason, some of them returning to the X Ray room, retrieving Jessie.

He took one look at the face of his best friend and lover and hiccuped slightly.

"J-Johan...." He pleaded in a hushed voice, sniffing deeply, "...please...no..."

The red boy felt a slight force on his shoulder as a little winged fluff ball landed there. He whimpered slightly, rubbing against his neck as the boy looked on, thinking about everything that Jessie knew and loved before these days.

Thinking about all his friends. All his rivals. All the memories they made together. All of it. Every single last bit of it.

All of it...was going to be gone if nothing happened soon.

Jaden prayed with all that was left of his heart that his best friend was to live. That he was to remember everything. That he was going to be healthy and normal after all of this.

It had to happen. Jaden vowed to himself that it would. A guardian angel didn't give up on the one he or she was protecting. Jaden knew that for sure.

But he was still a young angel.

...and angels could cry...

...Right?

Jaden looked down, biting his bottom lip as his tears increased as he thought more and more about it all. He hated thinking about it, but it was the only thing he could think about.

"J-Jessie...." He whimpered, his voice shaking violently.

His Little Kuribo looked at him sadly, fluttering off of the shoulder, wanting to console his master, but not knowing how. Jaden shivered with the tears that flooded his eyes and he watched Jessie turn a corner, exiting Jaden's sight.

He suddenly couldn't take it anymore and he fell to his knees, bursting into silent sobs. He buried his face in his hands, his wings wrapped around himself in grief. Jaden shook his head, holding himself and crying harder.

His kuribo fluttered down to the ground in front of him, whimpering as he looked on. He wanted to help his master out. He wanted to console him. He wanted to make him feel better.

But he didn't know how.

"...J-JESSIE!!!!!" Jaden finally lost it completely, his tears becoming streams that ran down his cheeks as he screamed his lover's name.

But no one heard his silent scream.

Not even Jessie himself could hear it.

And it wasn't known if he ever would.