CHAPTER 52: WE'RE A FAMILY NOW

I sit on top of the car, watching the sunrise while Niall talks to someone on the phone. I bring my knees to my chest and lay my head on them while looking at Niall. He ends the call and shoves the burner phone into his pocket. He turns to me with tears in his eyes and I quickly jump down, running towards him.

"Oh love." I say, wrapping my arms around him as he sighs. "It was him." He whispers in my ear, his tears wetting my shoulder. "What?" I ask, pulling away to look at his face. "I just called the hospital we were in when I was in a coma. The doctor was checking you for injuries and they found out you were pregnant." My mouth falls open and I look at him in shock.

"So he's behind the miscarriage?" I ask and he lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair. "Why would he wait 3 months to cause a miscarriage?" He asks, running his hands over his face. "He wanted you to witness it." I say, staring at nothing in shock.

"The sick bastard." Niall screams and kicks a few rocks on the floor. "What else does he know?" I say, my hand instinctively going to my stomach. "He can't know about this one. If he does who knows what he'd do." Niall says, looking at me and I nod.

"You were right." I say and he sadly nods, looking back at the car. "He's always listening." Niall says, wrapping his arms around me. "What are we gonna do?" I ask, laying my cheek against his chest. "You have to leave." He says and I pull away, shaking my head.

"You have to. It's the only way you can keep her and yourself safe." He says, running his hands in circles on my stomach. "I can't." I say, tears gathering in my eyes. "Bunny, please, you have to. We lost one, we can't lose the other." He says, his voice cracking a bit.

"Come with us." I say, grabbing his hand tightly. "I can't." He says, wrapping his arms around me. "I'll find a way to visit whenever I can but you have to go somewhere as soon as possible. Run while you still can." I close my eyes and hug him. 

We pull away and he walks back to the car. He comes back handing me a chocolate bar, to which I smile and take, while he puts down a blanket and grabs a map along with a notebook. He grabs our phones and throws them in the front seat. He walks back to me and hands me the map.

"Using tangible things such as notebooks and maps are gonna make it easier for us to go longer without being found. We'll use code words to talk from now on. When we're gonna meet, we'll use a phrase that changes with every place we go. We'll have to switch places every week so no one suspects anything. I'll find someone to stay with you so you're not alone and are taken care of." I nod, chewing on my chocolate. "Will the boys know?" I ask, throwing away the wrapper. "They can't. It'll only put both them and us in danger." He says, grabbing a marker.

"We'll go with places close to where we're touring just so I can get to you in time and it won't be as suspicious." I nod and pull out the tour dates from the notebook. "What if we go to every place the tour is so if they ask you, you can just say that you're checking out the place beforehand." He thinks it over and nods, grabbing the book.

"Tomorrow night the LA shows begin, that means we have 4 days here. Maybe we can grab the soonest flight to Vegas." He asks and I shake my head. "That's too suspicious, we'll have to find a way to make it more believable." I say and he nods with a sigh. "It's okay, I'll just take the dates from the tour and calculate the right time for us to do what and when you're good to travel." He says, fumbling through papers and books. 

I look down at my stomach and smile. "That's your father taking care of us." I say, rubbing my hand over my stomach. Niall stops what he's doing and looks down. "You okay?" I ask, my hand stopping. "It just hit me that we're actually going to be parents." I smile and reach for him, he crawls over to me and I lay down. "You're a dad." I whisper, my arms wrapped around him as he hovers above me. "You're a mum." He whispers back with a smile. 

I pull him down for a kiss and run my hands through his hair. I pull away and look at him, running my fingers over his jaw. "I hate you." I whisper, my lips against his. "I hate you." He whispers back, looking me in my eyes. 

I let out a loud gasp, Niall's eyes widening. "Was that-?" He asks and I slowly nod with wide eyes. "Oh my god." He says, pulling away and resting his ear on my stomach. "Hello?" He says and I let out a small laugh. His voice is returned with a small kick. "Holy shit." Niall says before slapping his hand over his mouth. "Ignore that, that's a bad word." He says, pointing at my stomach. 

I let out another laugh, causing Niall to be hit with another kick. "Oh my god." He says as a huge smile takes over his face. "She loves your laugh." He says, looking up at me. "I think she loves your voice more." I say, my hand going to his hair. "My voice is shit compared to your laugh." He says, rolling his eyes. "Don't argue with me." I say, tightening my grip on his hair. 

"Okay okay I'm sorry." He says, closing his eyes in pain. "Good boy." I say with a smirk and rub his head where I pulled his hair. "Remind me never to try and argue with your mother again." He whispers to my stomach and my smirk grows. "She's gonna be a mummy's girl." I say, moving a hand to caress my stomach. "In your dreams. Daddy's girl all the way." He says, being rewarded with a kick. "See, she agrees." He says with a smile. "Just wait and see. Me and her are taking you down." I say, a threatening expression taking over my face. 

Niall stares at me with a smile and he slowly lifts my shirt. He places a kiss on my stomach before wrapping his arms around me and closing his eyes. My hands find their way to his hair as his head lays on my stomach. 

If only I could tell him.