CHAPTER 14: ARENAS AND BONDING

"Hello Arabella." A deep husky voice said in a haunting voice. The man was not visible due to the darkness of the room. A single spotlight shined over me. "What do you want?" I say as I pull against the restraints. The man chuckles and comes into the spotlight and I look up.

He had a dark beard with a few gray hairs and black hair slicked back with gel. He wore a white t-shirt with a black vest. His blue jeans were old and had bleach spots all over. He held a jar of what seemed like red liquid.

"That's not a way to talk to your uncle, now is it?" He says, bending down to my level. "You're not my uncle." I say as I throw my head back to push my hair out of my face. "Oh hun, I sure am." He says as he pushes a strand of hair out of my face with a dirty smelly finger.

"I have a surprise for you." The man pulls away and opens the jar. "This right here is pig's blood with a few fingers from dear old daddy." He smirks and brings the jar to my face. The rotten smell hits my nose making my stomach turn and the urge to vomit grows.

"Now what's loverboy's name?" He says as he dips a finger in the jar and stirs the substance. I look away and exhale. "Who?" I say, still pulling the restraints. "The person you just thought of." He smirks as I freeze.

I slowly look up at him. "I didn't think of anyone." I mumble as I make eye contact with him. "Oh but yes you did. So who is it? Curly? Gay? Stiff? Blondie?" I cringe at the nicknames. "None." I say and spit on him as best as I could.

"I don't like liars, honey." He says and drags the bloody finger across my jaw. "You're sick." I say and pull the restraints once more. "It's blondie innit?" He says as he walks back to the jar. "Seemed awfully...smitten." I let out a shaky breath thinking of Niall.

"I have no idea what you're on about." I say as I try to push the chair I was sat on, backwards so I could get further away from him. "It's okay. Maybe being drenched in blood with about 20 fingers blended will help you remember." I scream and he grabs the chair.

"Have fun being drenched in blood and little old daddy and big bad Niall's fingers." He laughs and pours the substance over my head. I scream and squirm around in the seat.

I wake up, gasping for air. Sweat causes my shirt to stick to my body. I frantically look around, noticing it's dark and quiet. I pull the blankets off my body and get off the bed. I walk over to the toilet and turn on the sink. I splash a few handfuls of water on my face and look up at myself in the mirror.

I turn off the water and grip the sink. My breathing gets faster and my vision gets blurry. I try my best to stand up but end up falling. I sit down with my back against the tub and cover my face with my hands.

Finally, I calm down and end up falling asleep. When I wake up, I realise it's the next day and the sun is out. I sigh and get off the floor and brush my teeth. Once I'm done with my usual morning routine, I walk back into the room and grab my phone that's on the table.

Today is the boys' last show in Belfast, before we head off to Dublin. I go to my calendar app and check all the things I have to do today. Once I've planned everything out, I grab some clothes and take a shower since I was pretty sticky from sweating last night.

As I'm in the middle of my shower, I hear a knock at the door. I quickly yell for them to give me a second and quickly wrap a towel around me. I look through the peephole and see Niall's blonde hair. I open the door and let him in.

"Now that's the way to greet a man in the morning." He smirks, looking me up and down. I roll my eyes and walk into the toilet, shutting the door behind me. "What are you doing here?" I yell from inside as I quickly wash off the soap.