PROLOGUE 02

October 31 2018 (10:00 PM)

It's been half an hour since Sophia dragged me into this party. I've stood in the corner the whole time and refused to do anything. The red cups scattered around the floor and the smell of alcohol, sweat, and drugs filled the air. The house was full of people which was surprising considering how big the house is. Sophia ran off to dance around 15 minutes ago and I'm starting to get worried.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist and hot air was fanned across the back of my neck. "Hey sexy." I turned around and was greeted by the strong smell of beer. My face scrunched up in disgust and I tried to pry my hands away from the drunk man. "I love the costume but I'd like it better on the floor." His hand reached up to the strap that hung off my shoulder and his rough fingers began pulling it down. Despite my protests, the man kept trying to take my dress off.

I shouldn't have agreed to come here. Oh no I'm in trouble. I can't believe this is how I'm going to end up losing my virginity. Ew someone please get his hands off me. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve this.

Suddenly the man's hands were gone and a strong smell of cologne filled my nostrils. I opened my eyes to see the man being tackled. My eyes widen and I try to get the blonde haired boy off of the man before he beats him to death. "STOP! GET OFF HIM!" The blonde haired boy looked at me and confusion covered his face, I pleaded with my eyes and he slowly got off the man but not before landing a hard punch on the drunk's nose. I winced at the sight and started to push through people to get out of the house.

I knew coming here was a bad idea.

"WAIT! MISS CAN YOU PLEASE STOP?!WAIT! I WON'T HURT YOU! PLEASE!" I turned around and met with the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen. "I'm sorry. You looked uncomfortable and he was clearly drunk so I had to stop him." My eyes soften at the caring tone of his voice. "It's okay, thank you for helping me." My previous frown was replaced with a friendly smile.

The blonde haired boy nodded his head then held out his hand and said "Niall." I looked from the boy's eyes to his hands and then back to his eyes. "Arabella." My hand was then enveloped by the boy's larger ones.

"So, you don't seem like the party type, what are you doing at a party like this?" Niall asked, turning his head to the side a bit. I could smell some alcohol off him but he didn't seem drunk. "My friend dragged me here." He nodded. "What about you? Why are you here?" I asked while drinking some water. Niall chuckled and said "Love, the host kind of has to be at their party."

My eyes widened. "H-host. I thought the band Duplicity were the hosts. How could you be the host? Unless you're-" I cut myself off and my eyes widened even more if that was possible. Niall just smirked. "in the flesh baby!"

We stood there in awkward silence for two minutes until he spoke up. "So how old are you?" I looked everywhere but him. "I'm eighteen. You?" I finally looked him in the eyes. He nodded, then smiled while looking at me. "twenty."

He went on to ask me about my day, my likes and dislikes and vise versa. After about twenty minutes, a guy with brown curly hair and piercing green eyes came up to us. He smirked at Niall and said "I see you got another one, Nialler" Confusion took over me and I turned to Niall. "What does he mean by 'another one'?" Niall shot a harsh glare at the boy. "Well you see Niall here is my buddy. We have this game we play at every city we tour where we see who can get laid the fastest. He seems to have hit the jackpot with you, princess." the boy placed his arms around my shoulders, ignoring the glares being sent his way.

I looked at Niall with disbelief. "You were just sweet talking to get in my pants?!" I scoffed. I shrug off the stranger's arm from my shoulder and flip Niall off, walking to the front door. I slammed the door shut and went to grab a taxi. When I finally got one, I texted Sophia that I was going home.

A one night stand? Really? What a dick...