PROLOGUE 01

October 31 2018 (8:00 PM)

"Come on Bells it's halloween, how can you just sit here in your room watching 'The Notebook'?! IT ISN'T EVEN A HORROR FILM!" Sophia screamed as she was doing her makeup. It's been 15 minutes of constant yelling throughout our shared flat about me dressing up to go to a party. "You never go out. Please just one night, I promise it won't be bad" she whined as she turned around to face me.

Not the puppy dog eyes. Please anything but the puppy dog-

"Ugh fine. If it will get you off my back then fine, I'll go but I refuse to drink." I said as I reluctantly placed my sweets on the bedside table. I didn't go to many parties since my parents have always been very strict. "One problem though" I stated turning to meet Sophia's blue confused eyes, "I don't have a cost-" I cut myself off as a mischievous smirk was placed on Sophia's face.

Sophia left the room and soon came back with a white silk bag in her left hand and a Halo headband in the right. "Come on Bells, you should know me well enough to realise that I always find the perfect solutions." The smirk never left Sophia's face as she placed the bag and Halo on top of my lap. I reluctantly looked into the bag and immediately knew that I was not going to enjoy this.

I closed the bag and placed it on the bed and got up. "You can't be serious" I shake my head while chuckling. Although my amusement turned into panic when I saw the smirk on those red lips that belonged to my very irritating best friend. "oh yes I am babe. Now come on, chop chop, the whole point of dressing up for a party is to actually go to the party" A chuckle echoed through the room but was soon shut down by my harsh glare. Sophia cleared her throat, "Right umm you get dressed and come to my room so I can do your makeup" Sophia yelled and was out the door before I had any chance to object.

This is going to be a long night.

It's been about 20 minutes, I took a shower and got dressed. I grabbed the Halo that was sitting on my bed and walked towards Sophia's room. Knock Knock Knock.  The door was sprung open and Sophia let out a loud squeal which caused me to jump while covering my ears. "Wow thanks for bursting my ear drums woman" My sarcastic remark was ignored and Sophia pulled me inside. "Shut up and let me do your makeup. We have a party to get to."

After my makeup was done, Sophia did my hair and put the Halo on top. My eyes roamed the white lace dress that reached mid thigh and fell off my shoulders. I paired the costume with some white heels that I had in the corner of my cupboard. It was the shoes I wore to my cousin's wedding. It fit perfectly with the dress so I couldn't resist.

I turned around to find Sophia staring at me with a focused look and a scowl on her face. "So what do you think?" Our eyes met and a wide grin replaced the previous scowl. "You look unbelievable Bells. You're gonna have guys drooling over you the minute you walk into the party." I scowled at the last statement. I wasn't a party person and I've only ever had one boyfriend before so my sex life was very much nonexistent.

"Soph, I'd prefer if you kept those thoughts away from me. I'm not looking for anyone at the moment and I certainly don't want to end up losing my virginity at a halloween party god knows where." My voice was stern but that was just to cover up the fact that I'm nervous as hell. "Bells, you're eighteen. Everyone we know that's our age has lost their virginity. Why don't you hop on the train too?" I turned to Sophia with my mouth hung open.

"I will lose my virginity when I find someone worthy to lose it with. I've got bigger problems than worrying about what gets shoved up inside me." I grab my purse and walk out of the door before Sophia gets a chance to reply. 5 minutes later, I'm joined by the devil in the kitchen. "Finally, jeez Soph you take forever to get a headband on your head."

I ignored the glare that was sent my way and began walking to the front door. Soon I was accompanied by Sophia. Once we were both out of the house, I locked the door and put the key in my purse along with my phone, some money, and some lipstick.

It was about a 20 minute drive and Sophia refused to tell me where the party was located. We finally pulled up into a big mansion and I turned to Sophia with wide eyes. "How? What? Why? When?-" My rambling was cut off by a hand being roughly placed on my mouth. "My dad's mate knows the tour manager for a famous band in the UK and told me they were having a celebration party." Sophia removed her hand from my mouth once she was done explaining. I looked at the mansion and my mind was flooded with questions.

Celebration party? Tour managers? Band? She couldn't possibly mean the band Duplicity. Could she? 

I turned my head to look back at Sophia. "What band would that be?" To be honest I was anxious for the answer. Duplicity was a punk rock band and they seemed like very reserved people. I've heard that they smoke and do drugs at the concerts they've done around the UK but I've never listened to their music and my strict parents would never let me go to a concert that had anything to do with punk, alcohol, or worst of all, drugs.

Sophia nervously scratched the back of her neck and said the one thing I hoped she wouldn't say.

"Duplicity".