Chapter 0.07: Decision Time

"Sorry to disturb you, but I would like to ask you if you were interested in undergoing training to become an assassin." the stranger asked.

"You're kidding, right? How did you even get in the building and why me?" I asked.

"I'm an assassin myself. Infiltration is a basic skill you'll be able to master if you decide to accept my offer." the man answered. "Because you are still young, you have great potential, you might not know it now, but you have what it takes."

"Choosing you was not a mistake. I was planning to take you in when I saw you on the streets, but I wasn't sure if you were truly orphaned or abandoned, so I kept an eye on you. But by the time I was certain, you were already gone. I only saw you again by chance. You don't need to give your answer now, I'll be back tomorrow evening. You can let me know by them" And with that, he left.

I was confused and conflicted. I didn't know what to do. I spent the rest of the evening while thinking about his offer.

Obviously, I couldn't tell anyone about this either...

The next morning, I decided to walk around the neighborhood and went to the nearest mall to get to know the area better. As well as visiting the school I would be attending soon.

After touring around and clearing my mind, I went home and got my backpack ready for school—even though it wasn't even close to the first day yet.

While watching an anime, I made instant ramen for dinner. As I was eating, my thoughts lead back to the assassin's offer.

Did I really want to be an assassin?... Am I ready to become an assassin?...

I thought back to when I was on the streets alone and hurt in more ways than one.

Now, I had a home, a family and friends that cared for me. I ended my thoughts and made up my mind.

I heard knocking at the door after deciding. I opened the door and it was the man from yesterday.

"Good evening." I said with complete confidence.

"Good evening to you too, so have you decided?"

"Yes, I have. I'll do it."

"Good. Now, let's go. We need to start with the basics."

"Go where?"

"Assassins have training grounds everywhere. We will go to the nearest one and I will introduce you to other assassins that are there before we begin." the man explained.

I nodded as a response and asked, "I never got your name sir, what should I call you?"

"You can call me Lovro-sensei." I nodded.

Before long, we arrived at the training grounds.

I was in awe while looking around. It was so spacious and organized, and surprisingly clean.

There was a shooting range with lots of different guns and buckets of ammunition, there were areas where you could practice hand-to-hand combat or practice with weapons, but of course the weapons are harmless. They had everything.

A blonde haired girl walked over when she saw us come in, she looked a few years older than me.

"Lovro-sensei, who is she?" the blonde asked.

"She is going to be my new apprentice alongside you. Her name is Shiniko Kurashira." Lovro-sensei introduced me to her.

"Name's Irina Jelević, good luck."

"Thanks, it's a pleasure to meet you Irina."

"Irina, you're fluent in many languages, can you teach her all the languages you know." Lovro-sensei instructed.