Chapter 41: Trust Time

Koro-sensei congratulated us for getting accepted into one of our top two choices for high school. To celebrate he announced to the class he was editing a yearbook for E-Class only.

He had multiple tall stacks of photos on his desk and had pictures of us when we thought we were alone.

Maybe I shouldn't have suggested making a yearbook for our class only...

While everyone rushed up to his desk and started tearing embarrassing photos of themselves, Karma and I remained seated

What's the point in ripping them up if he has them saved on SD cards...

I noticed Irina standing next to Karasuma with a spaced out, daydreaming expression.

Wonder what's that about?...

"Outside, class!" Koro-sensei said vehemently with an orange cat onesie on. "We'll dress up and take a wider variety of shots."

Only shots I'm taking are ones out of shot glasses and guns...

He busted our chops the whole day to take photos. It started in the field where he had a bajillion of costumes and outfits for us to wear for different themed photos.

We were being whisked around so much I think I looked half dead in them and I forgot to smile cause he was going so fast.

After the photoshoot at school, Koro-sensei stuffed us into a gimornus bag and blasted off with us to take pictures all over the world.

The only downside was that we didn't stay long enough to get food...

At the end of the day, I stayed behind with Koro-sensei looking through the photos for the yearbook and helped with the editing. Everyone already left.

In just a second, I went from sitting in the teachers' lounge to sitting on the ground outside. I looked straight ahead and saw the broken window. The reality of what's happening and what's going to happen finally set into mind.

"Koro-sensei!" I looked over to my left, pure terror was written on my face when I saw his tentacle was gone.

But we still had a week, why now...

"Koro-sensei, are you alright?" I asked, still sitting on the ground.

"Just catching my breath," he answered. "The roof and my clothing are fine. It only hit my tentacles."

Not even a minute later, bright orange lasers were fired into the skies and formed a barrier around the mountain.

Koro-sensei tried to escape before the dome closed, but he didn't make it in time.

The barrier's probably to keep him from escaping... with that in mind, it most likely runs into the ground too, so he can dig his way out...

I took my phone out and checked the news channel.

There's got to be an explanation to all this...

"—this monster has been in a standoff against the entire planet after taking some of our nation's junior high students hostage and going undercover as a teacher. He is extremely dangerous—" the guy at the conference reported to the public.

My blood started to boil as I continued to watch.

On another live news channel, I saw my classmates being harassed with questions and having microphones practically being shoved into their faces by nosy reporters.

As I watched the reporters put words into their mouths that were blatant lies, I was beyond infuriated. I gripped onto my phone in anger.

"Miss Kuroshira," I looked up and saw two elite troop members that worked for the Ministry of Defense. "We're here to escort you off the mountain; a command from the head of the Ministry of Defense. Resistance will not be tolerated and force will be used if necessary."