Chapter 27: Reaper Time Pt. 2

"Aw, shucks. Well that certainly throws a monkey wrench in my plan," The Reaper said, looking at his phone. All the students gasped.

"Mr. Karasuma and Koro-sensei!" Hara exclaimed.

"But I thought he was in Brazil for that big soccer game," Nakamura added.

"So be it," The Reaper said, closing his phone. "Plan 16." He looked over at me. "Actually, make that 16.5."

The two of them walked out, leaving us trapped.

After a few minutes of silence and very muffled talking, the ceiling to the cell opened and Koro-sensei literally dropped in. The students gathered around him.

"Hello class, I trust you're all unhurt," Koro-sensei said. "Uh, Shiniko, why aren't you in the cell like the rest of the class?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know," I lied. "I got knocked out and when I awoke I was handcuffed."

"No offence, sir, but I can't believe he caught you," Maehara pointed out.

"Huh, the bars are forged of anti-me material I see," Koro-sensei touched the bar and a tip of his tentacle melted off.

"Tricky stuff to work around to be sure, but you'll be thrilled to know my body has at last overcome it."

Koro-sensei glowed red like he was really gonna destroy the cell in a second.

"Behold boys and girls, my top secret weapon: the tongue!" Koro-sensei started to lick the bar like a dog. All the students were quite disappointed.

"Excuse me, not to interrupt," The Reaper came back with Irina and Karasuma. "But if you want their neck braces to explode, then by all means keep licking," The Reaper warned, and jumped down from the entrance.

"Okay, let's get on with it." He walked towards the cell. "This room is about to be flooded. We are in a drainage canal. When I send the signal to the control room above, water will come gushing in at 200 PSI per second, and these bars will essentially become a giant noodle press."

No wonder this place smells like shit...

"Hold on, you're not gonna do that with the kids still in there!" Karasuma exclaimed.

"Of course I am, it's too late to wait," The Reaper confirmed.

Wait, what...

"Irina, you knew this would happen didn't you?" Karasuma asked.

"I'm sorry, results are the only priority here. You wanted professionalism," she stated.

Karasuma was in a dilemma for a few seconds, until making his move.

"Here's the government's official stance," he stated and socked The Reaper's face.

Oof...

"If these kids are no more than collateral damage, I'm going to shut you down," Karasuma took off his coat.

"You tell'em Mr. K!" the students cheered.

"FYI Irina, a true professional gives a damn about the bigger picture," he said to her.

Just then, The Reaper took off, and Karasuma followed.

Irina took off the collar with ease, "Karasuma may stand apart from the herd, but The Reaper goes further." she started to twirl the neck brace around her finger. "Exhibit A: he trapped the octopus."

Then, what's exhibit B?...

Irina got a message from The Reaper on her earpiece, which was unnoticeable due to it being covered by her lovely, blonde locks. She took out her revolver and left.