Chapter 18: XX Time

The noises stopped. Everyone was frozen in place.

BANG!

The man on the stage; one of my mentors, Gastro, fired a bullet at the ceiling in the soundproof room.

BANG!

Either Hayami or Chiba fired a bullet; in an attempt to shoot Gastro's gun out of hand, but missed. Then, the backlights from the stage turned on, and boy were they bright af.

Gastro started laughing, then he fired another bullet. This time, through the gap between the seats. 

He told them that he was able to remember the enemy's position from where they fired and then he licked his gun, again.

Koro-sensei started to talk to Chiba and Hayami from the front row. When Gastro noticed him, he started to shoot, which obviously didn't work.

Koro-sensei started shuffling the students around. First, he started to use their names, then he used code names like:

Ponytail - Yada

Motorcycle Fan - Yoshida

The Student Who Checked Out Takebayashi's Favorite Maid Café Only To Discover He Kinda Liked It - Terasaka

When I heard what he called Terasaka, I bursted out laughing.

"Fallen Angel stop laughing!" Koro-sensei exclaimed using my assassin name. I tried to stifle my laughter. Koro-sensei had a small pep talk with the two shooters.

When the time came, Koro-sensei told student 12 to stand and shoot, but what popped up from the seat was a decoy and Gastro fell right for it. 

He shot the dummy dead smack in the middle of the forehead.

Damn, if that were any one of us we be dead... no cap

Chiba got out of hiding to get a better shot. Before he fired, I got a glimpse of his eyes.

Woah, his eyes are sharp, but beautiful... I can see why he keep them hidden...

After the bullet was fired, nothing happened for a second. Then, the brackets from the stage came down and crashed into Gastro's back. 

Before he could shoot, Hayami shot his gun out of his hand.

Everyone rushed out of hiding, Terasaka and Yoshida tied him up with tape. When they were done, I drew on his face as well. 

When I approached him, his eyes widened at the girl whom he taught.

The group left the concert hall. There was a guard guarding the stairs to the top floor. Karasuma took care of that and knocked him out. I drew on his face too.

As Karasuma started to make a new plan, Nagisa noticed Terasaka sweating puddles down his face and placed the back of his hand on his arm.

"Dude, you're seriously burning up. You feelin' okay? Wait-" Terasaka covered Nagisa's mouth before he could say another word and reassured him that he was 'fine'.

Well at least I'm not the only one...

I sighed. Karasuma was telling them the plan. I was standing against the wall with her arms crossed just slightly above my stomach, bearing the pain. Luckily, no one suspected me, yet.

They stealthily made their way up and into the culprit's room. 

They were more than a metre away from the culprit's chair, to the right of said chair was the antidote. But there was a bomb attached to it.

There was just silence in the air, the tension was thick. Then, the culprit started talking; his voice was more sinister than before.

He threw a bunch of detonators that were identical onto the floor behind him and continued talking. Then, he stood up and faced us.

It was none other than Takaoka.

He told everyone to go up to the roof and some of them are only alive because 'Daddy's feelin' generous'.

They all made it to the top safely, on their way there the effect of the poison was taking effect on my body and it became harder to ignore.

As I was walking at the back of the group, I stumbled forward and grabbed Karma's arm. One look at my flushed face said it all.

"Don't. Say. Anything." I whispered before he had a chance to say anything. I managed to walk straight again.

Takaoka was ranting angrily about how Nagisa and I ruined his self-esteem.

"You short rounds, let's go up to the heliport. Just you and me." Takaoka started to walk away. Nagisa handed Koro-sensei to Kayano.

Oh man, this is the worst time for this to be kicking in...

Nagisa and I got to the heliport where Takaoka was waiting, and he blew up the stairs and bridge that connected us to our group so they couldn't interfere.

"So here's what I need from you; get on your hands and knees, and apologize. Say you're sorry for pulling a cheap trick." Takaoka commanded.

Nagisa and I slowly went on their knees and apologized.

Takaoka stomped his foot on the ground. "I don't believe you! Kneel down lower you little worms! I wanna see your foreheads touch the ground like the sole of a boot!" he shouted.

Nagisa looked at the case of antidotes, and I took a quick glance at our group. Both of us slowly lowered our forehead to the ground. Nagisa apologized, but I stayed silent.

Takaoka put his boot on Nagisa's head, keeping his head down. After he made Nagisa apologize some more, he put his foot back on the ground and turned to me.

"What about you pipsqueak? Aren't you gonna apologize," he spat out. I didn't say a word and kept my head down.

Like I need to apologize for what I did to you... Monster...

"Did you hear me! I said apologize!" he shouted and kicked me in the stomach, sending me flying.

(They see me rollin', they hatin' sry I had to >0<)

There were many gasps from the group, but I couldn't do a thing, I just laid there holding my stomach.

"That takes care of that I suppose," Takaoka said, a sinister smile plastered across his face and his attention went back to Nagisa. He said that the virus will kill the affected students, but I knew it wasn't true.

Takaoka threw the case of antidotes up in the air and exploded them. Everyone watched in horror. 

He started laughing like- wait, no he is a madman. Takaoka, being that madman he is, started laughing hysterically at Nagisa's facial expression.

Nagisa looked over at me, then back to Terasaka; pitying us both.

He looked down to the ground; his hair covered his eyes, he wrapped his arms around his stomach and he was breathing heavily.

Even in pain laying on the floor, I could feel his bloodlust radiating off him.

Nagisa slowly dragged the knife towards him; letting the tip of the blade drag across the floor. Everyone was staring in shock at what Nagisa was doing.

"No......" I whispered, upon seeing Nagisa's actions.

Nagisa slowly picked up the knife off the ground and slowly stood up.

"I'll... kill you..." he vowed. I could practically see his bloodlust in his eyes and hear it in his voice.

"That's right, that's the way sunny boy," Takaoka provoked, licking his lips.

"I'll... kill you!" Nagisa shouted this time.