Chapter 13: End of Term Time / School's Out - 1st Term

Finals were coming up, and Koro-sensei's been tutoring the students during his free time outside. 

He explained how every time one of his tentacles got chopped off, his speed decreases by 10%.

"Those of you who get the highest scores on your finals, and or the best ranking in each individual subject, vouchsafe the right to obliterate exactly one tentacle a piece." he proposed, making all the students gasp. "This is how we do finals here, boys and girls. This is the assassination classroom. Ask yourself: are you prepared to inch ever closer to the grand prize?"

Guess that's his way of motivating us...

Later on in class, Sugino got a call from Shindo. He told them that A Class was having a study session in one of the conference rooms led by "The Big Five". 

He started announcing who they are in a bizarre way; Shindo told them he always wanted to become an announcer.

"The man with a genetic disposition to lead. Student council president, Gakushu Asano." Shindo finished.

"The principal's only son," Sugino added.

"There's also a girl named Shiniko Kuroshira. She got 100 on all subjects on the midterms, taking top spot," Shindo added.

"Yeah, we know. She's in our class," Sugino informed, as they kept on talking.

As Kayano, Karma, Nagisa and I were walking out of school, Isogai jogged out of the building.

"Hey guys, wait up." Isogai said, catching up to us.

"What's goin' on?" Nagisa asked.

"You guys wanna hit the books at the main campus library tomorrow after class?" he asked. "I reserved us a spot. Actually I've been holding onto this for a while. Normally, we're dead last on the waiting list, so this little miracle is like a platinum ticket."

"Count us in!" Kayano, Nagisa and I exclaimed, Karma yawned and strolled away.

"Me too!" Nakamura joined in.

As planned, the next day after class, Isogai, Nakamura, Okuda, Nagisa, Kayano, Kanzaki, and I were in the library studying. 

Everyone was studying the material for the exams, but me. Like, it's not a surprise anymore since I'm a smart-ass. 

I was studying at my own level, which was far from being even close to junior high.

"Well, look at that. It's the E Class crew." Araki said with the rest of the Big Five behind him, excluding Asano. "Why even bother? This place is wasted on you. Pearls before swine, as the saying goes."

"How cute. They're studying. Hey scrubs, play times over. The big kids need their spot." Seo said, making a shooing action with his hand.

"Hey, do you mind?!" Kayano's book fell onto the table, revealing a book about pudding, "We're tryin' to fill our heads with knowledge!" Kayano blurted out loud.

"Well what do we have here, fellas? Are the hard-luck cases deifying their upperclassmen? I mean, I knew they were stupid, but this is a new low." Koyama smack talked.

"Hey, he said these were ours!" Okuda exclaimed.

"What?!" Koyama blurted.

"You're not the only ones allowed to have good grades. Everyone has a right to them if they work hard! Try bossing us around when we kick your butts on the finals!" Okuda defended.

Not everyday you see this side of Okuda, huh?...

I didn't care about the argument, but I was still listening.