Chapter 15: Action Time

I got on the wakeboard and waited for Ritsu's signal. When it was time, I jumped into the water, grabbed onto the rope at the end of the boat as Kayano started it up, pulling the shell of the chapel off.

As I was wakeboarding, Kayano shouted, "Did it come apart?!" I took a quick glance behind me before answering, "Yeah, it did!"

Kayano slowed down the boat, I loosened my grip on the rope. There was an explosion at the chapel; sending a huge wave out around it.

The explosion was unexpected. Kayano started up the boat immediately without warning and took off. I lost my grip on the rope, and the giant wave pushed me under the water.

Shit! If I use my wings, I'll only push myself deeper, and the board's pulling me down too...

I tried to take off the board, but when I bent my knees to lift it up, I sank deeper.

C'mon hurry, get off of me!

The most important thing right now was to get the board off before I lose consciousness. But by the time I got both feet out, everything turned black.

Shit...

Everyone else resurfaced.

Something was bubbling in the water, everyone was waiting to see what it was. What came to the top of the water was Koro-sensei, but he was a complete sphere.

Koro-sensei looked around to make sure all his students were present, but there was one missing.

"Has anyone seen Shiniko?!" He asked frantically. Everyone was silent and looked around.

"She was wakeboarding behind the boat I was on, but I don't know where she is now..." Kayano said with guilt since she was supposed to watch her.

Koro-sensei screamed again, "We have to find her! She could be drowning!" he exclaimed with a serious, concerned tone.

Like dolphins, everyone in the water dived down looking for the missing girl. 

Kataoka found her and brought her up on deck quickly with Nakamura. 

Karma, Professor Bitch and Karasuma ran up to the girls. Karma was kneeling next to her, checked her pulse and listened to her breathing.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Bitch-sensei asked with concern.

"She should be. Her breathing's shallow, but she still has a pulse," Karma stated.

"C'mon Prince Charming, aren't you goin' to give her CPR?" Nakamura asked with devils horns and a tail.

"I don't have a choice." Karma retorted as he cradled Shiniko's head in his arms.

As he started to close the gap between Shiniko and himself, she sprayed the water into his face.

Ah like so:

(Anime: Kiss Him Not Me)

I started coughing out the sea water as I regained consciousness.

"What happened?" I managed to croak out.

"You drowned," Nakamura answered, as I recalled the events prior to my loss of consciousness.

I tried getting up, but my legs were weak and wiggled like jelly, causing me to grab onto Karma.

"Woah there!" he exclaimed and held on. "Go easy on yourself," he advised and lifted me on his back.

"I'm so sorry Shiniko! This is all my fault! I should've kept an eye on you! Please forgive me!" Kayano shouted from the boat and I nodded.

"What happened to Koro-sensei?" I pointed out meekly, after noticing a sphere in the ocean. Koro-sensei started explaining that, that was his ultimate defence form and nothing can hurt him.

"That's crap! Nothing's invincible if you just whack it hard enough!" Terasaka groweled and started whacking Koro-sensei with a wrench.

Where did that come from?...

"Oh, I see." Karma chimed in.

I can feel the vibrations when he talks... It's kinda comforting...

Terasaka tossed Koro-sensei to him, "We're out of options, huh?" Then, he showed Koro-sensei a picture of himself in a stag beetle costume reading a dirty magazine while sitting on a pile of them.

Koro-sensei screamed in embarrassment, "You monster! I can't bury my face in my hands in this form!" he cried out.

"Oh, Sorry 'bout that." Karma squatted down slowly, using a rock to hold up his phone in front of Koro-sensei and picked up a sea slug to put it in front of Koro-sensei's line of sight.

"Let's see if there's a way to help you out there. This sea slug do anything?" Koro-sensei screamed some more.

"Anyone know where I can find a creepy, old beach bum? I'm gonna shove Koro-sensei down his pants." Koro-sensei begged for mercy.

"That's enough..." I said, flicking off the slug and carefully got off his back. I handed Koro-sensei over to Karasuma, and he placed him in a clear plastic bag.

Everyone went back to the hotel to rest and tried to forget about their attempt that almost worked. I had enough strength to walk on my own, and went back to my room to freshen up.

When I came back down, the guy that served us drinks before was serving them out again.

That's a lil sus... why is he here?...

I took a sip of the drink, but it tasted off...

I continued to sip it from time to time. 

Later, I noticed some of my classmates were acting more tired than usual, their faces were lightly dusted red, and they were dripping with sweat. 

I felt very feverish myself, but wouldn't let it show.

Ahh shit, here we go again...

Just when I stood up, Nakamura bumped into me. "Hey, do me a favor? Can I lean on you for a second, I feel kinda-" Before she finished, she collapsed on to me.

"She's burning up!" I exclaimed, then Okajima had a major nosebleed. I looked around and noticed that more than half of them had the same symptoms.

"What the..." I mumbled.

Just as all this is happening, Karasuma got a call from an unknown number, which Ritsu played out loud so everyone could hear. 

It was obvious that the caller was using a voice changer thing to hide his true identity.

The mysterious caller claimed he had the antidote to cure the virus that affected some of the students, and the only way to obtain said antidote was to send the shortest girl and boy, along with the target, to his location or the affected ones will die.

After he hung up, Karasuma slammed Koro-sensei on the table. He was extremely frustrated and troubled.

The affected students were resting in makeshift beds outside, as Takebayashi and Okuda tried to ease their symptoms. The hotel staff also tried their best to help as well.

"I think I might have a solution." Koro-sensei broke the silence, then Ritsu popped up on Nagisa's phone notifying Koro-sensei that she had completed the task. 

"Excellent. Ritsu finished the prep work I asked her to do. If the healthy students could step closer, please. Be sure you're wearing something you don't mind getting dirty." Koro-sensei instructed.

Not exactly healthy, but I'm fine... what's the worst that can happen?...

All the unaffected students and teachers arrived at the side of a cliff just below the hotel. Koro-sensei explained the plan.