Chapter 20: Summer Festival Time

The rest of their summer vacation was absolute freedom. I was getting ready to leave for the day.

Once I was done, Koro-sensei was outside my bedroom window and to be honest, it freaked me out a little, but I opened the window anyway.

"What do you want, Koro-sensei?" My question dripped with boredom and a hint of annoyance.

"I was hoping you could come to the summer festival! We're meeting at seven at Kunugigaoka Station!"

"Sure." I agreed on the spot. Anything to get him to leave faster.

"Plea-, nyu?"

"I said sure. I have nothing to do this evening, so why not." I said monotonically.

"Hooray! I'll see you at seven!" Koro-sensei cheered and flew off.

I got the rest of my things and headed out for the day. First, I went to visit Mr. Matsukata. He was still very busy working and I was there to help him.

As soon as we were finished for the day, I said my farewells and headed home.

There were still a couple of hours left until I needed to get ready for this evening, so I used my time wisely and binged on anime.

After making dinner for the family, I started to get ready. I wore my floral, pastel blue yukata with a coral coloured obi around my waist. 

Since the yukata was so loose and baggy, my wings were very comfortable under it. 

I tied my hair into a cute ponytail and styled it with a small flower hair stick I received as a gift to match the yukata.

Almost all my classmates were there having fun when I arrived. Sadly, Hayami and Chiba got banned from the shooting gallery since it was too easy for them. 

Kataoka and Kanzaki were sitting nearby enjoying themselves, and Nagisa and Kayano were with Koro-sensei. Amidst the crowd, I spotted a wild Karma at one of the booths and walked over.

He was hassling the booth owner's face for some reason. Upon hearing their conversation, I knew what it was about, but didn't interfere. He was quite adamant about getting that console.

I wonder, does he always carry around a lil notebook and pencil for stuff like this?... At least he's exercising his brain... Feels bad for the booth owner though...

In the end, Karma didn't get the game console he wanted.

Hehehe... Now I know what to get you as a gift...

The two of us walked around for a while, I was buying food along the way of course. By doing so, I was also supporting Koro-sensei in a way. 

We also saw Maehara and Isogai, who was holding a bag of goldfish; and Irina, who was chatting it up with the older men to get drinks.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen her dressed in a kimono before... she looks really nice...

 Karma stopped walking. Not noticing his disappearance, I kept walking.

What should I try next? There's so much to choose from!

Just then, the fireworks started.

"Shiniko!" I heard Karma call my name. I turned around and he quickly snapped a bunch of pictures of me before catching up.

I didn't have time to register the photo taking until he was back by my side.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, just this," He showed me the pictures.

It was me in my yukata holding a candied apple on a stick. In the background, were the ongoing fireworks.

"Ok then..." my cheeks went red a little. The pictures were beautiful.

We found a better place to watch the fireworks. They were absolutely stunning. While Karma was busy admiring the fireworks show, I secretly took some photos of him.

The colours from the fireworks illuminated his face and the colourful explosions were reflected in his golden orbs.

He doesn't even have to try does he?... What a natural...

As I was taking the last photo, he glanced in my direction right when I pressed the button. I panicked and fumbled with my phone before being able to put my phone down.

"And what do you think you're doing?" he asked teasingly.

"N-nothing!" I stuttered, avoiding eye contact. "I was just trying to take some picture of the fireworks."

Fuck, why did I say that!

"Really, now?" he smirked. "Lemme see."

"It's ok, the pictures aren't that good anyways," I lied.

"Oh c'mon, don't say that I'm sure they're fine," he said and snatched my phone.

"Hey!" I tried to snatch it back, but it was too late.

"Aw, am I that handsome that you wanted some photos of me?" he teased.

"No, that's not it. I just wanted to take pictures, 'cause y'know, for memories," I muttered.

"Then let's take one together, how's that sound?" he offered with a smile.

"Sure," I smiled back.

We posed for the picture and took it when the fireworks went off in the sky. Once the fireworks show was over, we went back to our meeting place and headed home for the night.

When I got home and into bed, I looked back at the photos I took, as well as the ones Karma took of me.

I wasn't the type of person to take pictures of every little thing when I had the chance, but the closer the deadline for Koro-sensei's assassination came, the more I wanted to capture the most beautiful moments in life that I could experience before everything ends.

Be it the end of the world or Koro-sensei's assassination, I want to have those memories I can look back on and be reminded of my most happiest moments in life whether Im dead or alive by the end of it.