Chapter 0.06: Departure Time

Today's the day I leave for America, I had packed all my bags the night before.

The only setback: having to get up early.

Waking up on time for school was hard enough, but being in a deep sleep for only a few hours and trying to wake up afterwards was nearly impossible.

It was currently 3am, I somehow managed to get out of bed and got ready to leave the house.

"I'm ready..." I mumbled down the stairs. "Shuu, why are you still up?"

"Am I not allowed to bid my dear sister a farewell before she leaves." he questions.

"Well said dear brother, well said....." I mimicked.

"Come along now, or we'll be late," Uncle Asano reminded.

It was a long drive to the airport, and it was still very, very,early in the morning, but I was determined to stay awake.

It didn't work. Within a few moments in the moving vehicle, I was already having trouble staying awake.

When she finally blacked out, she unconsciously leaned on Shuu's shoulder.

After Uncle Asano parked the car, Shuu started to whisper into her ear.

"Shiniko~, there's takoyaki~.."

No response.

"There's ice cream~..."

No response again.

"There's no more food!" he shouted.

"Aaahhhh!"

"Chill, we're here."

"Oh... food..." I mumbled and stretched my arms.

I helped get my luggage out of the car and proceeded to walk into the airport.

It was huge.

After going through airport security and all that stuff, we walked to the boarding gates and the first thing I saw was...

My not so idiotic, redheaded friend that I would recognize from miles away.

I ran up to him and squeezed the living soul out of him. "Karma!"

"Hey, what's sup?" He returned the hug.

"What's sup?! Why are you here!? It's crazy early in the morning!" I exclaimed, stepping back.

"Come on, you don't really think I'd ask you for your flight info for nothin' now do ya." he smirked.

"I just wasn't expecting you to be here..."

"But you're happy to see me, right?~" he teased.

"Yeah..."

After their conversation, Karma noticed Shuu catching up to us.

"Hey, Asano. Nice seeing you again."

"Nice to see you too, Akabane."

There they go again...

"Now boarding, flight number 15, zone 3. I repeat, now boarding, flight number 15, zone 3. All passengers please report to the gates." the announcement informed.

"Well, that's my flight guys, I'm gonna miss you guys sooooooo muuuch!" I said while hugging both of the guys.

"We'll miss you too.." They returned the hug. I went to thank Uncle Asano after.

"Uncle, thanks for giving me the chance to go to America."

"No problem, when your plane lands, send me a message, so I can send you the address of where you'll be staying. Have a good trip." He patted my head.

"No problem. Bye Uncle, I'll miss you." I turned around and started to walk off.

"Wait, before you leave I have something for you." Karma caught up to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"This." Immediately after he answered, he grabbed me by the shoulders and gave her a quick peck on the forehead.

I was shocked and embarrassed, I didn't know how to react, so I just let it slide with a red face.

Shuu was bamboozled and ticked off.

After waving my last farewells, I went to the gate and was the last passenger to board. I showed the ticketing officer my ticket, he was shocked for a second before regaining his composure.

The reasons being: I was flying first class.

He told the other employees to guide me to the first class area and they did as they were told.

The flight attendant adjusted the big seat to make a bed since it was going to be a long flight until we landed.

After I got settled, she closed the partition that gave me more privacy in first class before sleeping.

I slept for almost the entire flight, except for the few times they woke me up for meals and refreshments.

When I woke up to check the time, there were only a few hours left till landing, so I decided to do a little studying for school.

After claiming my luggage, I got my things together and texted Uncle Asano. It didn't take long because she only had three contacts:

Uncle Asano

Shuu

The Devil

After the message was sent, he replied almost immediately. He gave me the address and I took a taxi to the apartment.

One of the desk workers greeted me and gave me a tour of the building and showed me to my suite.

The room was fully furnished, but I still cleaned everything because, little did some people know, I am a neat freak.

I opened all the windows before cleaning. The suite was pretty high up so I had a nice view of the area.

Vacuuming; mopping; dusting; wiping; and washing. I did it all, it took forever, but the result was worth it.

After the cleaning, I started to unpack my things and began filling the closet and bathroom with my belongings. I plugged in the electronics, and finished setting everything up.

Not long after, it started to feel like I was living in my dream home. The apartment was too big or too small, it was just right for me and had everything I needed.

I crashed on the sofa and was about to start relaxing, but there was a knock at the door.

I wasn't expecting anyone. When I checked the intercon next to the door, I saw a tall man with black hair, he looked really intimidating too. He quickly checked his notepad before knocking again

I didn't know what to do, so I summed up some courage and spoke to him through the intercom.

"H-hello..."

"Hi, is this Shiniko Kuroshira?" he asked.

"Yes.." I answered hesitantly.

"Sorry to disturb you, but I..."