Chapter 35: Secret Identity Time

Finally, I get to leave this place.

Today is the day I get discharged from the hospital. 

The driver came to pick me up as father said. He was instructed to make no stops along the way and to take me straight home since school was already over.

Oh poo, I wanted to get some snacks first...

"Miss Shiniko, Mr. Asano bought you a replacement for your old phone," he said as I buckled my seatbelt. He picked up a small bag from the passenger seat and passed it over to me in the back.

"Thank you," I took the bag from him and he started the car.

When I got home, Shuu greeted me, "Welcome home." 

I smiled, "It's good to be back." 

He took my things and helped me to my room even though I insisted I didn't need any help. 

So stubborn... like father like son... 

I took a shower to wash off all the dirt and grime off my skin. After I was done, I was about to look for my phone. 

Then, I remembered that bastard crushed it to smithereens and I have a new one now.

Time to unbox and set up the new phone!

I went to my room and started to unbox the phone my father had bought for me. It was the newest model of the phone I used to use.

He's too generous...

I almost started to tear up again. I connected it to my laptop and restored all my data onto the new phone. The only thing missing was Ritsu.

When I turned my phone on, it flooded with notifications from everyone and the class group chat from the day of the concert up until now.

I scrolled through the notifications until one caught my eye in particular. It was from Kayano.

Kayano: I'm going to take down Koro-sensei at the field of zebra grass behind the school at 7pm.

HHHUUUHHH!!?!? What the fuck's happening!?!? Shit, it's almost time too!

I grabbed a jacket and sneaked out (I don't want to make them worry again, but a secret's a secret), but the stitches made it painfully impossible to go faster, and I felt numbness in different areas of my body. I got to the meeting place as quickly as possible, but I kept stumbling all over the place.

Everyone was already there when I arrived. I joined them quietly. I held onto the edge of Karma's sleeve to steady myself and catch my breath. 

"What are you doing here?" he whispered frantically. "You should be at home recovering!"

I shook my head. The sky had turned navy blue and the sound of rustling grass was all around us.

"Let's end this, then." Kayano turned to face us with a smile. "Koro-sensei, I'm the only one who gave you your name, you know. So as your mother, I'll take your life too."

"Kayano, it's too dangerous to keep using those tentacles!" Koro-sensei warned. "If you don't remove them and seek proper treatment immediately, your own life could be at risk!"

"What are you talking about? They're in excellent condition," she calmly said. "Don't even bother trying to throw me off with a bluff."

"Kayano..." Nagisa called out. "Was it all an act?" he asked.

Of course it was... how else would she have made it this far...

"If my identity was exposed before I killed him, I wouldn't be able to avenge my sister," she explained.

The students tried to reason with her and calm her down.

The ends of her tentacles lit on fire.

"Shut up. This is none of your business. No matter the weakness or shortcoming, anything that's polished can become a weapon. You're the one who taught me that sensei." she was still smiling as she talked, as if nothing was wrong.

"If my body's too hot to bear, I'll just make it even hotter and gather the heat in my tentacles!"

That's not a bad idea actually... Wait! What am I thinking!

"No! Anymore and-" Kayano cut Koro-sensei off and made a ring of fire around them, separating them from the class.

"I'm in the very best condition. My whole body's so sensitive, I won't miss a single opening," she guaranteed.

"Stop it Kayano!" Nagisa shouted. Nakamura and I had to hold him back from running into the fire. "I learned this lesson too! If you sacrifice yourself to kill someone, there won't be anything left behind!"

"I'm not planning on sacrificing myself, Nagisa. All I'm doing is... killing him." Kayano launched herself into the air and started her assault on Koro-sensei with her flaming tentacles.

"It's no use, Nagisa!" I shouted. "Like she said, once she puts her mind to something, she just keeps rolling."

We watched as she continued to attack Koro-sensei in their ring of fire. It was like a light show with how fast they were moving.

"I snagged a piece!" she said with giggling. "It's still moving!"

"She's only been fighting like this for ten or fifteen seconds, but the tentacles are already starting to take over her mind," Itona exclaimed. I clenched my fist.

Akari... she's losing herself to the tentacles...

"What's the matter, Koro-sensei?" she laughed while continuing her nonstop assault from the air. "My head doesn't hurt anymore! The pain feels good now!"

"If they've already taken that much control, it's too late," Itona analyzed. "Whether or not she gets her revenge, she'll only last a few more minutes after that. Then, I think she'll die."

"No, she can't die!" I shouted.

I can't stop her...

"Koro-sensei do something! Please, save her!" I yelled in desperation with tears in my eyes.

 "Please..."