Chapter 0.02: School Time Pt. 1

Beep, beep, beep...

Someone slammed on the alarm and it stopped beeping.

"Shiniko...wake uuupppp," Shuu mumbled.

"...It's a school day...isn't it..." I mumbled back.

"Yup..."

"Ugghhhh..." I groaned.

"Sheesh, I get it, you're smart, now get out of my room we need to get ready!" He pushed me off his bed and I landed with a quiet thud.

I dragged my feet out of Shuu's room and back into mine.

As I left, I remembered that today was my first day of school, and just the thought of it immediately charged me with energy.

When I got into my room, I noticed a uniform on the bed.

Hmm... This must be the school uniform... Uncle Asano must've put it here last night...

I got dressed, the uniform fitting perfectly.

Aannnd done!

I caught a whiff of a sweet aroma when I opened the door. I went downstairs to the kitchen and dining room, and saw Uncle Asano making pancakes.

"Good morning, Uncle Asano!" I said cheerfully.

"Good morning, Shiniko, just sit down for now, Im almost finished."

"Ok!"

"Something smells good! Mornin' dad!" Shuu said as he entered.

"Morning."

"Shiniko, how did you get here so fast?!" Shuu exclaimed.

"I'm excited for school, duh."

"Right...hehe." he laughed awkwardly.

"Pancakes done! Enjoy!" Uncle Asano set the pancakes on their plates.

"Thanks!" me and Shuu said at the same time.

As usual, after breakfast, everyone got their bags and left for school.

"So, what did you do on Sunday?" Uncle Asano asked.

~Flashback~

It was Sunday morning, so of course everyone slept in. Except for Uncle Asano, he had to run errands all day.

Shuu woke up first and started to study. I woke up to the sound of pages flipping and a moving chair, so I decided to see where it was coming from.

I found the room where the sounds were coming from, I knocked on the door which startled Shuu.

"...Come in."

After getting permission, I slowly opened the door, only to find him at his desk with a stack of books.

"Shuu...make some food I'm hungry~..."

He sighed before replying, "Alright, alright, what do you want to eat?"

"Uummm...how 'bout...eggs and bacon?" 

"Ok...."

"Yay!"

Shuu sighed once again and got started.

"Thanks for the meal! It was delicious!" I complimented.

"No problem... So now what do you want to do?" he asked.

"Uummm...how about we play games all day and read before bedtime?" I suggested.

"Sure!"

"Shuu~...I'm hungry, make some dinner..." I said as I got hungry again.