Chapter 44: Graduation Time

"Kayano," Nagisa stood behind her. "Thank goodness you're all right!"

"Nagisachoo!" she sneezed. That's when she realized there a huge hole in her clothing.

All the guys turned their heads, thankfully Kataoka forcefully turned Okajima's head away. I also stood closer to Kayano to block his line of sight.

"How pitiable," Itona commented after shamelessly staring for a while with no expression.

"W-What is?!" Kayano exclaimed.

I guess that's fine since it's Itona... it's honestly no better than the class perv, but it's still better...

"Aw, c'mon," Maehara took off his jacket and used it to cover Kayano's back. "Koro-sensei even fixed your hair for you."

"Thanks... but I wish he fixed my clothes first," Kayano said.

Koro-sensei fell backwards with a loud thud, "Phew... I'm beat."

This is our chance...

"I hate to say this, but," I stood up and turned to face the group. I held up an anti-sensei knife with the tip pointing down. "What kind of assassin would let a dying target escape?"

The class was shocked at what I said, but they knew it would boil down to this.

"Don't you see? It's killing time." Koro-sensei said calmly. "All the good things... must come to an end. That's what a classroom's all about."

I took a look at the time: it was 11:30pm.

"C'mon, there's no time to hesitate," I broke the silence. "Let's do this... before the laser does."

"Everyone..." We all turned to Isogai. "We have to decide this ourselves. We could choose to stay out of this and leave it up to fate. Show of hands: who doesn't want to kill Koro-sensei?"

We all raised our hands.

"Okay, hands down. Who wants to kill him?"

I raised my hand first, "I know it's a difficult choice, but in the end, you're only going to regret not killing him if you don't..."

The thought of Koro-sensei not being with us anymore filled their minds, and some of them started to quietly weep.

The thought and sounds of their weeping got to me as I felt my eyes sting and start to water.

Damnit, keep it together, stay strong for the others...

I looked up, took some deep breaths, and blinked my tears away.

Everyone's hands slowly came up.

Koro-sensei's body was splayed out on the ground behind us. Everyone started to surround him and eventually pinned him down—another weak point of his: he can be captured if everyone holds him down.

"You can't move if we do this, right, Koro-sensei?" Nakamura asked, breaking the heavy silence.

"Exactly, Nakamura," he confirmed. "But it might not work with such a weak grip."

They all held on a little tighter.

"Your heart is under your tie, right? Who's going to do it?" Kataoka asked.

Realization dawned upon the students; they have not chosen anyone to actually end Koro-sensei's life.

"I will..." I volunteered. "But I won't do this alone. It would be unfair if I did..."

"Please... let me," Nagisa walked towards me and place a reassuring hand on my shoulder. We both walked to wards Koro-sensei.

"We got no complaints," Tersaka agreed.