CHAPTER 49

Avery's POV

A freezing cold water came contact with my skin as I dip my feet in this crystal clear beach. My eyes are enjoying the vibrancy of the orange-pink skies as it scattered on the horizon.

It's already 5:30 in the afternoon, and I can't help but to feel blessed witnessing this beautiful scenery.

"Hey, love." A soothing voice invaded my ears as I felt her arms snaked around my waist.

I turned to only see her pleasing smiles. How can I hurt her before? What did I do to deserve this perfect woman?

Hindi ko maipagkakaila na maganda talaga s'ya. Lalo na't nasisinagan ito ng makulay na kalangitan na nagpadagdag sa pagkinang ng mga mata n'ya.

How cruel I was to make those perfect eyes cry? Her angelic face that crumbles every time she bury it on her palms? Her soft tasteful lips that she keeps on biting to suppress her sobs?

How cruel I was to reject all of her efforts and love? All I did was to hurt and reject her. Pero, she's still here. Embracing me with so much love and passion. With so much care and tenderness.

"Baby, yo-you're crying. A-are you hurt?" She asked, worry is evident in her eyes as she run her warm thumb on my cheeks.

Hindi ko naramdaman na umiiyak na pala ako habang pinagmamasdan s'ya.

I smiled and lean closer to plant a soft peck on her lips.

"Don't worry, my love. I'm okay. I'm just...happy."

I saw her sighed in relief.

"Akala ko naman nasaktan kita." She said before chuckling and tighten her hug.

I long for this.

Sumiksik ako lalo sakan'ya na nagpatawa nanaman sakan'ya. What a blissful sound.

"Baby?" She called.

"Hmm?"

I hummed at her before she cupped my face to face her.

I look into her eyes. She's so transparent. I can see her soul through her eyes. Emotions are everywhere and vocal.

"I wanna know something." She asked as she guided me to dip more in the water.

Habang lumalalim, nagiging warm ang tubig sa katawan ko. Also, Psych's hand on my waist added to the heat I'm feeling, erasing the coldness I felt earlier.

"What is it?" I asked after we reached the shoulder level water. As per her, nasa may bandang dibdib lang nito dahil mas matangkad ito ng kaunti sa akin.

We're both facing each other and she's intently looking in my eyes. As if searching for something. Nakakalunod ang mga tingin nito, pero hindi ko maalis ang mata ko sakan'ya.

Instead of answering me, she heaved a sigh and position herself on my back. She's backhugging me and it makes me more even warmer.

She settle her chin on my shoulders and pouted.

"Baby, what is it? Come on, spill."

She then heaved a sigh again.

"What will happen if babalik na tayo ng Pilipinas?" She worriedly asked.

She seems problematic and anxious in the series of her thoughts.

I hold her hand on my waist and averted my gaze on this breathtaking scenery.

"What do you think?"

"I don't know." She lowly said and buried her face on the crook of my neck.

"Why do you even came here in the first place?" She added, low enough to almost not reach my ear.