(118) Lights gone out

"Mads? Ash?" Edmund says, out of breath as he arrived at the large alcove, pausing when he saw Hugo with his arm outstretched, gun clenched in his hand.

"Help Ash." Madison states, pushing herself off of the floor, tears down her face as she limped towards her son.

"They were gonna kill you." Hugo whispers, letting Madison pluck the gun from his hand, as he continues to stare at the dead bodies.

"Fuck." Madison says, using her sleeve to wipe her tears away, manoeuvring Hugo as best as she could, so he couldn't see the bodies.

Madi takes hold of Hugo's shaking hands, "I'm sorry. You should never have been put in that position."

"I killed them," Hugo breaths out, "are you okay? Your leg?"

"My legs fine," Madison tells him, "we need to get you out of here."

"You're bleeding." He says.

"I'm fine, come on." Madison replies, beginning to walk him away from the alcove.

"What about Ash?" Hugo asks.

"Eddie is with him." Madison responds.

"Are you mad?" Hugo queries, placing his arm round his Mum to stabilise her as they walk.

"Yes - at myself." Madison mumbles.

"And at me?" Hugo questions, and she shakes her head, "nope, just myself."

"Why?"

"Many reasons." Madison tells him, gesturing down a dim hallway, "down here."

"But the hall is that way?" Hugo says.

"We're not going to the hall," Madison states.

-

"Where is Madi and Hugo?" Edmund asks, the Peakys were all in one of the conference rooms, Polly was checking on Ashton who was laying on a table unconscious still.

Luckily they had bandages from the fight to wrap around his thigh and hands, but there were hand prints on his neck, it was slightly swollen and discoloured.

"What do you mean? I thought you'd gone back to get them from wherever that happened." Tommy replies, gesturing to Ash.

"No, no. They left before we did, Mads had to take him away, from.. from Ash." Edmund stutters, Chloe was stood at his side, frantically looking around as if they were hiding in the room.

"There wasn't just one more. There was three more!" Edmund says.

"We know that now, didn't before." Tommy responds, "what direction did they go?"

"Towards the main hall," Edmund tells him, "what if it isn't just three more? What if it is five more? Or seven more?"

"Help! Someone help!"

Hugo's voice was echoing through the building, he must've been screaming as loud as he could, Edmund makes eye contact with Tommy, and they both sprint out of the room.

Finn and Chloe were stopped by Ada, "whatever is happening, you two needn't see it."

"HUGO!" Edmund yells.

"Uncle Ed! Help!" Hugo replies, his voice sounding strained.

"They're on the other side of the hall," Tommy says, spotting them through one of the windows.

Once in the hall, it was a bit clearer to see Hugo was carrying Madison, "over here!"

"She passed out, we were walking, and she just dropped to the floor. She's breathing, but her wound is ripped open." Hugo explains, as Edmund takes the brunette from him, carefully positioning her in his arms.