(56) Quinton

It had taken a week but Madison had managed to convince the doctors into letting her go home and had annoyed her family into driving her back to Birmingham.

"Finally." Madison sighs, laying down on her own bed, holding a pillow to her chest, "damn I've missed you."

"Seriously?" Chloe asks, stood by the door, looking quite amused at her fiancée hugging a pillow, "yes, I've missed this bed. I've missed being in this bed with you." Madi replies, tapping the spot beside her and Chloe laughs, closing the door, laying beside Madison.

"Is there anything left to do for the wedding?" Madison asks, knowing Chloe had put her planning on pause whilst she was in hospital.

"Yes, our outfits, hair, make up, bridesmaids, maid of honours, the main meal, beverages, flowers." Chloe lists.

"I thought you'd chosen the drinks and flowers." Madison says, "it's your wedding too, I want your opinion." Chloe replies.

"I want you to be happy, I'll be happy as long as you're my wife at the end of the day." Madison states, "are you sure?" Chloe asks. "Yes, if you want those flowers, get those flowers." Madison says.

"I don't know how to choose a bridesmaid or maid of honour, I don't have that many female friends." Chloe says, "who says they have to be female? Do what makes you happy, love." Madison replies.

"Okay, then probably Quinton, the bartender from the club." Chloe says, "how about you?"

"Probably Ada and Polly." Madison answers.

"Who's supposed to walk us down the isle? I mean unless you want your Dad there, I don't want mine there." Chloe says, "nope, no dads." Madi shakes her head, "love, don't think about tradition alright, this is our wedding. I only plan on having one. Fuck tradition and do what makes us happy. That's what this is about, us."

"You're right. You're right." Chloe agrees, as Madison steadies herself on her good arm leaning over to connect their lips, Chloe stopping her when she goes to deepen the kiss.

"No, you're still injured." Chloe states, "no sexy times?" Madison says, "none, until you're better, doctor says nothing extraneous." Chloe replies, "what do doctors know?" Madison scoffs.

"Quite a lot." Chloe retorts, "they let me be a doctor." Madison replies, "no, you demanded them to let you be a nurse, and then forced them to make you a soldier." Chloe responds.

"I kindly pointed out that I was better than the ones they had." Madison says, "you punched a senior officer in the face." Chloe corrects.

-

Another couple of weeks later when Chloe had decided that Madi was fine to move around more than just the house, they walked down the steps into the club they'd met in, "you need to be sat down." Chloe says stopping at the bar, gesturing to a stool.

"I'm okay." Madison replies.

"Sit down." Chloe demands, and Madi sighs, placing herself on the stool, "I'm going to go find Quinton. Stay here." Chloe says.

"Fine." Madi huffs, watching Chloe walk away go find the bartender.

"Hey." A woman smiles, trailing her fingers down Madisons left bicep.

"Not interested, go away." Madison replies, moving her arm, but not looking at the woman.

"Come on, a hottie like you, surely you're looking for some fun." She insists.

"Fuck off," Madison says.

"I can make all your wishes come true."

"Really?" Madison asks, looking to the woman, "yes." She nods. "Do you know what I wish for?" Madison queries as the woman leans closer, "something I really want?"