(16) No more kids

"If you two are going to argue, do it quietly or somewhere else." Madison says, as Tommy and Polly step through the front door. Both looking to her, to find Finn curled up beside her with his head in her lap and a blanket covering him.

"He was waiting up for you Tom, said you'd promised to take him to see the horse." Madison says, "what happened to never breaking your promises?"

"I was a little bit preoccupied today." Tommy bites back.

"For the whole of the day?" Madison questions, watching his head drop slightly, "I thought not." She says.

"I'll take him on Tuesday." Thomas tells her.

"I'm not going to be your messenger, when he wakes up tomorrow, you can tell him before you go off to Cheltenham." Madison replies, making sure she was speaking in a hush tone, as to not awaken Finn.

"Fine." Tommy sighs, "do you have a dress?"

"Yes, I have a dress. And yes, it is red. And yes Edmund has a suit, and a lift." Madison says.

There plan was that Edmund and Madison would enter the races, under the pretence of being a couple, as a woman would never be allowed to go by herself.

Once inside, Edmund would head out of a back exit to meet the rest of the Blinders, leaving a door ajar, so that they can bring the money they retrieve from the Lees to Tommy, so that he can begin his negotiations.

"Now, if you two are going to bicker, I'd appreciate it, if you didn't do it where Finn is sleeping." Madison states.

"Alright, we'll go to the kitchen." Polly says, giving Tommy a bit of a push in that direction, unaffected by the look he gives her.

-

"You look beautiful." Isaiah compliments as Madison descends the stairs, he was waiting with Finn, Edmund and Ashton. John, Arthur and Tommy had already left.

"Thank you, love." Madison smiles, making the boy blush.

"Go on, lover boy. Go get your girl." Ashton teases, shoving Edmund forwards.

"Not my girl." Edmund replies, but offers his hand to Madison anyway, "you do look ever so handsome." Madi comments, winking at her bestfriend.

"And you look exquisite as always, my dear." Edmund replies.

"Oh, you two are killing me." Ashton exclaims, annoyedly throwing his arms in the air as they laugh.

"That my sister dude, she's not allowed to date anyone." Finn says, whacking Ash.

"I'm not allowed?" Madison questions her brother.

"Of course not." Finn replies, "and why is that Finlay?" Madison asks.

"Because you'll never need anyone other than me. I'm the most important person in your life." Finn states.

"I suppose that's an alright reason." Madison says, wrapping an arm round him. "Alright? It's a brilliant reason. If I had my way, those two would be banned from the house by now." Finn responds, hugging her, pointing at Edmund and Ashton.

"And what about Isaiah?" Ashton asks.

"There's some things a man can't talk about with his sister." Finn answers.

"Oh, yeah? Like what?" Madison questions.

"Pffft, who said that? Not me. I'm still your favourite brother, right?" Finn replies.

"Hmmm, I don't know." Madison teases.

"We need to get going, Tom will kill me if we're late." Edmund says.