(108) Queensberry Rules

"Alright, Bonnie this is Corbin. Corbin this is Bonnie." Madison introduces, as the two young men shake hands, a group of blinders setting up a temporary ring around them.

"You both know the rules." Madison tells them, "do not break them. Rounds last 3 minutes, if you get knocked down and can't get up within 10 seconds, your opponent wins. Best of luck to you both."

Madison walked away from them, ducking beneath the rope to stand beside her elder brothers, Tommy who was staring at the two boxers and Arthur who was taking bets.

"Sure got a big fucking fella," Tommy says.

"He told me he could fight anyone. What better way to test that?" Madi shrugs.

Aberama rings the bell and the fight commences.

Both men are exchanging soft punches, getting a footing. Nothing too strained yet. Bonnie was throwing much less though, his opponent swinging often.

"Your boy knows he can hit back, right?" Arthur asks Aberama.

"Told him in the professional game people want their moneys worth." Aberama replies, his eyes trained on Bonnie, "don't win too fast."

"But if you've seen enough," Aberama shrugs, calling out to his son, "finish him Bonnie!"

There was like a switch in the young man, instantly the larger man couldn't land a punch, and was being backed into a corner as Bonnie hit him, knocking him out cleanly with an uppercut.

All three siblings simultaneously looked down at where the mans body now lay unconscious infront of them.

"Fuck me. That was a punch." Arthur chuckles, as Madison nods her head impressed.

"Got horseshoes in those gloves or what?" Arthur asks.

"Nope. Just his dads strength and his mums temper," Aberama answers.

"Health issues?" Madison queries.

"None," Aberama says.

"Does he drink?" Tommy questions, and Aberama shrugs, "water.. sometimes."

"How many fights?" Madison inquires, "twenty-five bare knuckle," Aberama responds, "all knockouts. Five with gloves in pastures, all knockouts."

"Against Romany fighters?" Arthur says.

"That's why they won't let us in the fairs anymore, he keeps winning." Aberama replies.

"I could fight a fucking tree and knock it out." Bonnie inputs, Aberama clapping him on the back as they walk away.

"Thoughts?" Tommy asks.

"He's good, reliable." Madison says.

"It was a short fight," Arthur replies.

"Yeah. But you can tell?" Tommy says, "could we use him to fix matches. Is he reliable enough to do that?"

"Yeah." Madison nods.

"Mr Shelby, Mrs Eden is upstairs waiting for you." A man interrupts. "Tell her I'll be up in a couple of minutes," Tommy responds, dismissing the man.

"We could give him to the Irish gym in Digbeth, they'll train him up." Tommy suggests, "and then what?" Arthur asks.

"We promote him. Get him fights." Tommy states.

-

"Hello beautiful," Madison whispers on Chloe's ear, slowly wrapping her arms around the red heads waist and pulling her closer.

"Hello, my love. Everything alright?" Chloe asks.

"Yeah," Madison mumbles, placing soft kisses along her wife's shoulder.