🌺🍁Chapter 67 : What's Holding Him Back?

"[Name], sit properly" Jun Wu said at the martial god who's sitting upside down the couch. "Oh, did you say something?" You asked, pretending not to hear him.

Jun Wu sighs, "[Name]...if you don't I'll..." You only stuck out your tongue at him and continue tossing candy in the air catching it with your mouth. "You'll what?" You said.

You looked over to Xie Lian talking to Hua Cheng in the communication array while Jun Wu is watching his words not to give any hints. Currently, the three of them were inside the Palace of Xianle that Jun Wu specially escorts Xie Lian here. Despite Jun Wu's attention was on you, he's still being watchful on Xie Lian.

"Help me up Jun Wu." You said, stretching your arms to him. Jun Wu sighs, taking both your hands to help you up but then goes to your sides and started tickling you. "H-Hey! stop it! Hahahahaha!" You laughed wiggling from his tickles.

"Jun Wu!" You whined, quickly grabbing his  hands after straightening your body properly on the couch. Jun Wu smiled, leaning closer to your face then kissed your lips. You pinched his cheeks playfully, "...unbelievable" you mumbled, snickering then pecks a kiss on his lips. 

You sweated internally as you felt a jealous stare from Xie Lian then he looks away.

Suddenly, you heard something drop on the ground rolling off the floor. You look to your side and realize you dropped the bag of candy as it spilled on the floor. "Not again!" You said. Jun Wu sighs and helped you get up. "I'll ask Ling Wen to give you a new one later" he said, helping you sit up on the couch.

"Fine..." You mumbled, crossing your arms.

Jun Wu chuckled then left you to talk with Xie Lian. It was only a few seconds before their chat seemed to have ended and turned to you. "[Name], let's go." You quickly stood up and walk past Xie Lian. You place a hand on his shoulder and whisper, "Stay here, you'll be safe."

"Wait for me!" You rushed towards Jun Wu who was now a few meters away from you and was standing in the entrance of the palace. Jun Wu raise his hand to hold yours as you grasp his to walk down the stairs. You made a wave to Xie Lian before leaving the Palace of Xianle.

---------

"General Xiānnǚ, please refrain from eating too much sweets." Ling Wen said. You chuckled, taking the pouch filled with mooncake. "Ling Wen, that's the 236 times you said that to me." You retorted back, taking a bite of the mooncake. Ling Wen sighs heavily at your words, shaking his head.

"He's stubborn." You stuck out a tongue at Jun Wu and started eating the rest of the cakes. "Slow down on eating that, [name]. I know I dropped your candies earlier " He said. You sat on the edge of Ling Wen's desk. "Yeah, yeah." You said.

You noticed Jun Wu seemed to be alerted by something as he stop on his tracks, his brows knitted for a second then looks to you.

"I'll be back. [Name], stay here." He said then turned around and left Ling Wen's palace.

"General Xiānnǚ, just what are you planning?" Ling Wen asked. You turned around to face him and smiled. "Oh? Why would you ask me that?" Ling Wen sighs and replied, "I know that General Xiānnǚ is stronger and powerful than the heavenly emperor. You can easily defeat him in one attack, so what's holding you back?" You chuckled, fiddling on the mooncake in your fingers. "Ling Wen, "one attack" is an exaggeration." You said.