🌺🍀Chapter 28 : Evil Child Spirit

Xie Lian knew [Name] and Jun Wu intended to help take the heat off of him, and was grateful, bowing his head. Jun Wu sighed in awe, "You always managed to create miracles."

Seeing the feast quieted down, after some hesitation, all finally took the Jun Wu and [Name]'s lead and applauded. Sending their congratulating.

After the Mid-Autumn Festival Banquet ended, and the relentlessly rumbling Thunder Master also packed up. And some heavenly officials had already left the banquet. Currently, [name] was eating the last piece of cake before he leaves when Jun Wu called you.

"[Name] come here."he said, hands ushering you to come with him. You blink a few times and walked towards him going near the banquet table. "What is it?" You asked.

"I know you love eating sweets, so I asked Ling Wen to make some extra for you." Jun Wu said as he take some four lotus crispy cake and sweet rosy cake from the plate and put them inside a bag. "Really?! It's all mine?" You beam with happiness as he gave you the bag of sweets he packed.

Jun Wu smiled softly and nod his head. "Thank you, Jun Wu! You're the best!" You said, leaping to hugged him with enthusiasm. Jun Wu frozed in surprise then he smiled and hugged you back.

--------

"Lang Ying, I'm here!" You called the boy as the said young man came behind the wall shyly.

Lang Ying settled in the Palace of Xiānnǚ at the heavenly court. The child looked so clean and tidy, but  still rather shy. Xie Lian picked him up and the two descended down, Lang Ying didn't talk much on the road. They first went to town to buy some fresh fruits for them to eat and didn't immediately return straight back to the Puqi village.

They first went into a piece of nearby woods. As soon as they reached their destination, a bare-chested young man was yelling and cussing, was hung upside-down by a white silk-band. Profanities spilled from his mouth and Guzi was squatted under him, slapping away all the mosquito's. The young man was Qi Rong. It seems Qi Rong was bitten all over and looked miserable than dying, he cussed loudly.

"XIE LIAN YOU PIECE OF SHIT! WHERE'S YOUR SNOW WHITE LOTUS HEART!? WHY CAN'T YOU PRETEND TO BE A SICKENINGLY SWEET GOOD PERSON NOW!"

While you were trying to put Lang Ying down, Guzi hugged Xie Lian's leg and wailed, "Gege! Please put my dad down! He's been hanging for so long!"  Xie Lian ruffled his hair and immediately, Qi Rong fell to the ground in a heap.

"It's alright, Guzi. Come here, let gege carry you." You said, crouching down to lift him up in your arms.

The little sobbed, crying against your shoulders the suddenly, you felt a jealous glare behind you. Looking behind, Lang Ying shyly looks away to your gaze. And with that, they followed Xie Lian, passing by the Puqi Village and as they hiked up the hills, Xie Lian cautioned them.

Qi Rong immediately cried, "DEAR GOD! PLEASE MAKE THIS PERSON FALL TO HIS DEATH RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!"

You "pfft"–ed and Xie Lian found that hilarious. "You're a ghost, what are you doing begging the heavens."

Just then, there was a faint glow emerging in a distance and the dark path on the ground was illuminated. It was the Light from those Three Thousand Blessings Lanterns of Everlasting light.