🌺🍀Chapter 41 : Rescue and Death

"Wait, isn't the answer obvious? This is the Nether Water Manor. The only one that could be worshipped in the Nether Water Manor is naturally..."

"That's not possible."

Xie Lian glanced at Hua Cheng's direction. "Ashes are the life source of the ghost realm, it's their fatal weakness. How can something so important be so easily displayed out in the open?" He then immediately turn his head away and cleared his throat softly.

"Then, who's bones could this belong to?" Shi Qingxuan wondered.

The group of them surrounded that haunting skeleton and started examining it. Xie Lian spoke up,"First, it's a man."

"We can see that."

Then Xie Lian continued describing according to his observation and mostly all his observation were perfect, the way he describe the skeletons has matched Earth Master Ming Yi. [Name] can only watch with sympathy at the skeleton and backs away from it.

Shi Wudu swept his eyes over the corpse a couple of times before turning away. "As long as that thing won't stand in our way, it doesn't matter who he is. Lord Earth Master, where do you think we can cast the Distance-shorteni—!"

Before he could finish his sentence, the skeleton suddenly raised his hand and lunged at him without warning. Xie Lian reacted immediately and chopped it down with his hand, and the skeleton fell into the ground, turning into a broken bones.

"Ge!" Shi Qingxuan exclaimed.

[Name] and Hua Cheng only stand few meters away from them and only watched the scene.

"What's with this skeleton? Does it still have lingering souls possessing it?" Shi Wudu asked, remaining calm. Xie Lian squatted down and turned over the bones, studying the piles. "That's weird."

"What's weird?" Shi Wudu asked.

"This skeleton doesn't have a single piece of its soul left, otherwise it when we came close earlier, we would have noticed odd movements."

"If that's the case, how can it still savagely rise and harm so suddenly?"Shi Wudu asked.

While they were discussing about the pile of bones, a tiny glowing orb sneak into your palm. Turning around, [name] lift his palm and opened them, reading the secret message.

--------

The six of them then wandered about the Nether Water Manor. There wasn't anyone there so it seemed Black Water Demon wasn't home. It's doors has strange spells drawn upon it and the very leftover trace of having Distance-shortening array cast. There was indeed a place that could be used and that place was this tiny side chamber.

"This array only allows for one direction." Ming Yi stated.

"Which means that it can only send forth, one cannot be sent here from elsewhere, correct?"

Ming Yi nodded his head. "So the spiritual powers needed can be further cut down."he said. Just then Ming Yi in one arm, was about to push open the doors when he shouted sharply."Stop! There's a trap!"