🌺🍁Chapter 57 : Secrets In The Darkened Walls

"It's made for you. Enjoy."

Pei Xiu,"..."

You snorted at Pei Xiu's expression, as he expressionlessly reached for the pot in Banyue's hands. You swiftly wave your hand and just Pei Xiu eat the chicken, it's not a poison anymore. His eyes widen and turns to look at you.

You winked at him and whispered, "You're welcome."

Just then, you heard Xie Lian and Hua Cheng talking. "What's the name of this ancient kingdom? San Lang, do you know?" Xie Lian asked.

"The Kingdom of Wuyong."You spoke.

Xie Lian was silent for a moment, pondering then said, "I don't seem to recall ever hearing the name of this kingdom. How ancient is it?"

"The details aren't clear."Hua Cheng said. You said, "But its older than the Kingdom of Xianle."

Hua Cheng looks at you, then notices you seeming to hesitate to say something. He was confused wanting to ask you when you avoid his gaze and went to focus on the buildings around. Xie Lian looked around their surroundings.

"But these buildings, they don't look like they've lived through two thousand years." He said. You replied. "Naturally, because most of the time Mount Tong'lu isn't open to the outside. Sealed within a massive mausoleum and completely shut out from the outside world. Of course, they would be kept in a good state." Xie Lian nod his head.

Pei Ming left Pei Xiu and came over. "General Xiānnǚ, surely knows everything. But isn't this information is rather too out of this world?"He said. "Might I ask what your source is? I've never heard a single word of any of this going around on the outside." You only rolled your eyes at his gaze at you.

You spoke, "And might I ask, General Pei. What kind of individual has the ability to gather this information in Mount Tong'lu?"

"Logically, any ghost can." Pei Ming said. "By Mount Tong'lu's slaughtering rules, the more valuable information one wishes to obtain, the longer one must remain. So it must be a powerful individual."

Hua Cheng asked, "And what kind of individual can come out of Mount Tong'lu after gathering all this information?"

"It must be a Supreme Ghost King, like My Lord." Pei Ming said.

You were to speak when Hua Cheng beat you first and said, "So, if I gathered this information myself. As long as I don't speak of it, of course there wouldn't be any of it going on around on the outside."He turn his head back at him and mocked, "To the Heavenly Officials of the Upper Court, keeping secrets might be more careful than passing a Heavenly Calamity, but not so for me"

"..."

-------

"[Name]!"

"He was just with us a while ago" Pei Ming said.

"where he could've gone?"Xie Lian asked, looking around.