🌺🍁Chapter 60 : Chilling Nightmare

"[Name]! San Lang!" Xie Lian shouted, calling their names as he follows the red string.

He retraced his steps when he realized they were gone after discovering Banyue's scorpion-snakes. Hua Cheng and [Name] weren't with him anymore. He walked and walked and reached the end of the thread, it was linked into the stone wall! Xie Lian couldn't believe, he yanked it twice and without a word, he raised Fangxin, ready to shatter the stone wall. Suddenly, his vision blacked when the stone wall before him opened like a giant mouth and swallowed him!

All around was sand, and mud crashing him, suffocating. It seems the monster had eaten many things beside him. He felt like he had sunken into a quicksand because the more he struggles, the more he sinked deeper. He moved forward, swinging his arms to break the sand as he pulled the red string to continue onwards. Suddenly, a hand stretched out and seized his hand without fault.

Xie Lian was alarmed, "WHO'S THERE?!"

The hand pulled him into someone's arm and a voice came, "Gege, it's me!" Hearing that voice, Xie Lian relaxed and hugged the other tightly. "Thank goodness, the red string didn't break!" He said. Hua Cheng also embraced back and said, "Yeah, it didn't break. I've found you."

Xie Lian was relieved for a moment then realized someone is missing as he loosens the embrace. "San Lang, is [name] with you?" Hua Cheng replied, "I thought he's with you?" Xie Lian shakes his head.

"The string from [name] didn't break yet." Xie Lian said, following the other red string that leads to another cave entrance. Just as he said those words, the red string dissipated.

Their breaths hitched and eyes widen. "...No...[Name]..."

-------

"Oh great!" You groaned, hands over your face. "What's wrong?" Mei Nianqing asked, stopping on his steps. You look up over your hands and sighs, a small paperman slowly lands on your palm. "My Paper man just ran out of spiritual power." You replied, fiddling over the kanaoshi mask on the paperman. Mei Nianqing snorted. "I wish mine had also improved like yours." He mumbled, arms crossed.

"Oh!" Mei Nianqing then wiggles his brow. "Congratulations by the way. The "Xie" family blood finally continues." He teased. You blushed then rolls your eyes. "Shut up! Aren't you glad you're gonna be their grandpa?" You retorted. Mei Nianqing frowned. "I'm not that old to be called like that!"

You gave him an "are-you-sure" look and Mei Nianqing frozed as victory smile spread on your lips and continue walking. "Why don't you count your age." You whispered.

"Get back here, [name]!" You stuck out your tongue at him and ran away from him.

After the teasing, you were face to face with the mountain spirit and was discussing of stopping Jun Wu from whatever his plan at Xie Lian.

"His Highness the crown prince has also come. I don't want to take this step, I'm sure you're the same, but he's beyond saving." Mei Nianqing said. You nod your head in agreement. "He's not the same person I met before. He changed so much" You said, looking down. "If it cost my life, I'll end this once and for all."