🌺🍀Chapter 35 : Teasing Words

"Lord Chengzhu sent us to receive the Crown Prince of Xianle and You as well, Lord [Name]"

"..."

"Welp, you're in luck cause the Crown Prince is with me." [Name] said, pointing to Xie Lian beside you. Xie Lian removed his hand from the hilt of the sword and answered. "That's me." The skeletons seems rejoicing them lowered the step-litter. "Please board."

Xie Lian hesitate for a moment, then turns to ask [name] but he had already board above the step-litter. "Come Lian, let's go!" Xie Lian said reluctantly. "That's...too much trouble."

"Nonsense, it's no trouble at all. This is our job."

"Your Highness, please board! Lord Chengzhu is waiting for the both of you."

"Come on up, Lian! Don't worry"

Xie Lian sighs, then carefully stepped onto the platform and seated himself beside you.

The group of skeletons were ecstatic and saying something that couldn't be understand. They picked up the step-litter and started moving onto the paths. It moved extremely fast, swifter as fast as the lightning. While waiting to arrive to their destination, you took out a pouch under your sleeves.

"Have some mooncake, Lian." You said, offering him a few cakes inside the pouch. Xie Lian blinks and stares at your ghost king form, he can't helped but be amazed at your appearance even though he had already seen it, he smiled. "Don't mind if I do." He took one mooncakes and started eating it.

After traveling for a while, a quiet chatter came wafting in the air.

"Who goes there? Shouldn't you be leaving something behind, crossing through this burial mound."

The ghost skeletons laughed. "What do you want us to leave behind?"

You stopped Xie Lian from showing his face to deal with this. Outside, a tiny voices shrieks.

"Ayoyoyo! Forgive us! We didn't realize this was the step-litter of our Lord Hua Cheng!"

"My Lords are generous, please pass as you will!"

As they passed through, You faintly heard a babbling of the female ghosts, chattering in wonder. "I've never heard of Lord Hua's golden step-litter carrying anyone else's"

"Who do you think is sitting on that litter?"

"I heard it was a beautiful lady. It's hard to guess if it's a lady. Yet, with a man? Very strange."

The moment you heard those words, You almost choked on the mooncake you just chewed.

"And here I was so sure that golden step-litter was definitely for the madam wife!"

--------

You gaze over to Xie Lian who looked drowsy, his hand used to support his cheek and doze off. Suddenly the litter stopped again, you felt the step-litter dip down, and slowly, you felt yourself slide down off the litter.