🌺🍁Chapter 53 : Assembly Of Millions Of Ghosts

"I don't think that's it."

You turned to look at "Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade" who had spoken. "The scent of humans on you is a little too heavy."he accused.

The crowd of ghosts all chided. "He's a Puppet Master...it's understandable. He's got essence of evil on him, too"

"No, no, look closer everyone. The essence of evil on this 'Puppet Master' doesn't feel it's emitted from within, it's more like dyed from the outside." Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade countered. A ghost piped up. "You look like you're well versed in this, is there anything concrete to your words?You got any ideas?"

"Yes. There is a tool that can determine just exactly what he is!"Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade replied. From his sleeve he pulled out an object and the moment the ghosts saw this, they instantly backs away.

"FUCK! YOU HAVE A YELLOW TALISMAN ON YOU?! YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT THE HEAVENLY OFFICIAL?"

"No! I killed some cultivators on the way here and took their belongings, that's all."Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade explained earnestly. "These are just the typical yellow talismans for dealing little ghosts and irrelevant minions. Since everyone made it here, I'm sure these talismans would do nothing to you. Watch!" Then he slapped the yellow talisman on his forehead, that yellow talisman burnt into a wisp of black smoke and leaving an ashen mark on his forehead. "Even though this talisman can't do anything to me, I can atleast prove my identity."Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade said. He then pointed at you. "If you're really a Puppet Master, then stick this yellow talisman on your forehead. We'll see whether it leaves a mark."He said.

You remained a calm expression and notice Xie Lian looks worried for you. You send him a wink and looks at Hua Cheng whom you shared a plan with. You placed Hua Cheng down, approaching him, taking the talisman and pressed it on your forehead. The yellow talisman burnt into a wisp of black smoke and there was not a trace left.

The other cloaked ghosts behind, hundreds of ghosts instantly surrounded them and bring out all sorts of bizarre weapons. But then, an invisible barrier blocked them, the crowd was stunned.

"Well, well! Pretty skilled too!"

You blink a few times and Hua Cheng spoke from behind. "You bunched of ugly ghosts, what're you all looking so surprised for?"

"Just who're you all, declare yourselves now!"

"What a bunch of fools. Of course there's none on his body, because I'm the real puppet master!"Hua Cheng answered.

The moment those words left his lips, the crowd of ghosts sense a haunting chill blow past them, even with their cold bodies they shuddered.

"What's...going on?"

"Giving you all a taste of the world, that's all."Hua Cheng said. He repeal his aura and the crowd of ghosts stopped shivering.

"If...If you're the Puppet Master, and he's also the Puppet Master, then who's the real one?"Swift Life-Extinguishing Blade then points at you. "Then what kind of a person is he?"he asked. Hua Cheng responded with smug. "Obviously, my puppet and mine."