🌺🍀Chapter 7 : The Ghost Bride's Love and Hatred 2

"This is bad..." You muttered then dusted the shoulder of your bride dress from dust. "She is really fierce that might lost her insanity."

Xuan Ji knelt on all fours."My darling Pei didn't come so...everyone present will die!!!" she lunged towards the two officials. You and Xie Lian separated your ways on, jumping back in opposite sides. Xuan Ji keep attacking you both while you were reflecting her attacks.

"Xuan Ji, your anger and malice towards General Pei shouldn't be taken out of innocent people!" You reasoned out, pulling out your paper fan you sent it over deflecting her black smoke.

Just then, a scream suddenly came from the group of people inside the magic circle, Xie Lian created. Xiao Pengtou is now conscious and was dragging the bandaged boy out of the circle but with Xiao Ying tugging the other arm.

"Hey! Get inside the circle!" You exclaimed. Still, the mob leader wouldn't listen as he continue to drag the boy out of the circle, arguing with Miss Ying at the same time.

You huffed then turn to Xie Lian. "Lian, take care of her. I'll handle this!" And with that you left before he could say anything.

"Get inside!" You pushed Pengtou back inside the circle when you sensed a presence behind you.

Immediately, you dodge a claw stretch out to you and it grabbed Pengtou's head. Everyone was horrified, Xuan Ji grinned maliciously then the silence broke when she crushed Xiao Pengtou's head. You stepped infront of the crowd protecting.

"General, please stop sinning and killing!"You said.

She cackled. "Aren't he gonna come to see me?"

Then Xie Lian came to your side to aid you. "You used to be the guardian and hero of your country. Please stop hurting yourself and others." Xie Lian said. Xuan Ji gritted her teeth and face the temple. Hurting myself and other? I burnt your temples, messed with your turf! Why didn't you come and stop me! I've been waiting for years, but you never showed up!" She turned into a black smoke and cling on top of the statue.

"Check out my legs! Check me out! It's all because of you! All for you! So why haven't you showed up?!" She shouts shaking the statue as the temple started to run down and dust falling from the roof.

"Lian! Wait! It's dangerous!" You shout, stopping him from going further. Xie Lian stop midway in the entrance and look over you from the shoulder. "I'll be fine! Don't worry about----" Your eyes widen when he got strangled in the neck by Xuan Ji. She then begins to scream at his face while calling General Pei's name.

"Miss Ying! Wait!"

Xiao Ying went passed you holding a stick,charging towards Xuan Ji. It gained the ghost brides attention and pushed Xiao Ying away. She stumbled multiple times and hit her head making a pool of her blood. "My darling, the third wheel is gone." The bandaged boy panicked and ran outside the circle, rushing beside Xiao Ying.

Immediately, Xie Lian took this advantage then Ruoye wrapped around Xuan Ji and escapes before she could again. He rushes towards Xiao Ying and knelt beside you. "Sir...did I get in the way? She asks slowly. "No, you were a great help. Thank you for diverting her attention. Thanks to you, I finally caught her."Xie Lian says. Xiao Ying smiles in relief then turn to the bandaged boy."Don't steal food...anymore..." She says.

"If he needs more food, he can come to me" You offers. Xiao Ying looks at you. "Really?...thank you sir...If I weren't..." She can't finish her sentence anymore when she finally drew her last breath. You closed her eyes and prayed for her soul then leave the body to the bandaged boy for now.

Suddenly, Xuan Ji releases a strong wave of energy. "She's completely lost her insanity!" Xie Lian says, as she completely breaks out of Rouye's bindings. You were completely calm about the sight when you saw Xie Lian about to take an action but you caught his wrist. "There is nothing we can do, Lian. Help will be here in a second" You said.

"Help?---" All of a sudden, golden lit emitted from the sky and pierced through the shadows. It shone a spotlight on the corpse brides and each of them fell unconscious. The golden light vanished all Xuan Ji's resentment and the bonding wrapped around her again. Three roaring rolls later and Xie Lian's head go dizzy. You helped him as he got down on one knee.

"Don't worry, Lian. They're reinforcements." You reassured as Nan Feng behind you two.

Xie Lian followed your gaze and noticed the Temple of Ming Guang had now a row of soldiers, appeared standing on. Infront of the soldiers, there stood a poised and elegant young general, approaching your group with hands clasped on his back and came before you. He bend slightly.

"Your Highness, General [Name]"

You lean closer to Xie Lian and whisper. "This is General Pei."

General Pei spoke."Ling Wen said that the affair of Mount Yujun had something to do with Ming Guang Palace. So we're here. Thank you, Ling Wen and General [Name] for your help."

"General Pei is working hard too."

Xuan Ji who's in the middle of struggling, heard the word 'General Pei' and was overjoyed as she was and could only rise to a kneel. "My darling Pei! Is that you?!" The moment she saw the general, her face changed. "Who are you!"

Xie Lian held a confuse look. "Eh? Isn't he General Pei?"

"He is but there are two General Pei." Nan Feng says. "This is the subordinate god of Ming Guang Palace, the descendant of General Pei also known as General Pei Jr." You explained.

"Xuan Ji, please come with me" the bindings wrapped around her loosen and returned back under Xie Lian's sleeves. Xuan Ji muttered. "He used to cross half of the country overnight just to see me....Now what kinda affair could keep him from seeing me?!"

She let the two soldiers grabbed by them then started struggling and look upwards the night sky. "PEI MING I CURSE YOU!"

General Pei Jr. paid no mind then said expressionly. "Please excuse us. Take her away"

You watched the scene as they finally leave. You look over to the body of Miss Ying and the bandaged boy cradling her. Then you and your group decided to give her a proper burial mounted