🌺🍁Chapter 52 : A Puppet Master

Xie Lian climb on the bed and stared the ceiling then he remembers You haven't come in the room. He was about to call you when Hua Cheng suddenly sat up. His eyes turning sharp and looked across the room. Xie Lian sensed something wrong and sat up too. There was another figure across the room and they were sitting by the table with a hot pot of tea already brewed.

Xie Lian pointed Fang Xin forward in alert. "WHO IS IT?!"

"Don't be afraid. Tea, Xianle?" That man spoke gently.

And another man said,"Sorry for coming unannounced, Lian."

"..."

Xie Lian sighed a breath of relief and brushed back the loose strands of his hair back. He yanked the blanket and buried Hua Cheng's body underneath the blanket. "My Lord...why has my Lord descended?"

Jun Wu leisurely poured you a herbal tea on your cup. You smiled in appreciation then noticed a sharp glare of jealousy coming from Xie Lian and Hua Cheng hidden under. Jun Wu rise to his feet and spoke, "You didn't come back, so naturally I had to come down to personally see you." His hands were clenched as he spoke.

You noticed Jun Wu's hand has now a sword. In an instant, Xie Lian jumped off the bed. "My Lord, I can explain..."

Immediately, Hua Cheng pulled off the blanket and sat up in cross-legged. Hua Cheng smiled,"I don't think that's necessary."

—————

"Seriously?..." You said, looking at Jun Wu who only smiled at you and return to his seat.

Hua Cheng's eyes never left on Jun Wu as he pushed the teacups forward. Jun Wu spoke, "Although this isn't the first time I've met you. Since it's a peaceful occasion why not take tea for wine and smooth over this situation."

Xie Lian cleared his throat lightly and asked,"My Lord, how are things in the Upper Court?" Jun Wu put down his teacup and turn his gaze away. He sighed, "I do not wish to speak of it."

"...Alright, I won't ask." Xie Lian said.

Jun Wu turn his head back and said with a straight face."I kid. Even if I do not wish to speak of it, I must. Xianle, leave your little friend for now and follow me outside for a moment." You facepalmed at Jun Wu's first joke.

Xie Lian was about to comply when he heard You speak. "The Upper Court is in complete pandemonium, it's not a secret." You said, eating a candy. Then Hua Cheng climbed off the bed and came to the table, sitting beside you. "Even little country bumpkin ghosts know that the gathering of ghosts couldn't stop this time and are howling in excitement. So why speak outside?" Hua Cheng said. You chuckled and inched him closer to you.

A moment later, the four all sat by the table and Hua Cheng was clinging onto the side of your robe, still jealous from earlier.

"Nothing could deceive the eyes of this good sir." Jun Wu gently spoke.

Xie Lian asked, "Isn't there still some time before the official opening and sealing of Mount Tong'lu's gates? Or is it confirmed now?" Jun Wu confirmed. "Indeed, it cannot be stopped anymore." Hua Cheng commented. "It seems your original plan was like all those times before : send all the martial gods to seal off the road leading to Mount Tong'lu and stop the demons route."