59| Fire Whiskey

The house was filled with love and loudness. There was the Weasleys, Sirius, Remus, Anne and myself all in the huge house of Blacks, and Terrance would join us by lunch. 

Breakfast wasn't ready yet, and as per Molly I was to clean the empty room that no one uses upstairs. It was really dusty, and dust and me never got along. The moment I got in and arranged a few things, I started having a sneezing fit. I had to get out every minute to blow out my nose, and it wasn't productive. In the end, I tied a bandana on my face like a mask and got the job done in an hour. 

I had kept a box aside while clearing the things. My guess was that it belonged to Sirius, as it had S.B on it. The letters were carved roughly, and it clashed with the intricate and elegant designs on the box. I took it downstairs with me, as I hoped it would bring joy to someone. 

I saw Sirius sitting in the parlour and reading a book. It was Remus' favourite book, and I gave it a 3.5 rating; not really my type. "Dad?" I called doubtfully. 

"Did you just call me dad?" he asked with a smile on his face. 

"Maybe.... You said how you wanted to be my dad. And you adopted me so...-"

"I love it!" he said happily as I had given a candy to a 3 year old. 

"Well... I think I have something that might've belonged to you." I handed him the box.

"My old box. I missed it! Mother took it away, and I couldn't find it when I escaped to James'" his face showed both the joy of reuniting with the box, but also the sorrow of missing a friend as dear and close as a brother. 

"Come here. Let's go through it together." he said, as he patted the seat next to him.

"You sure? I mean you can have your time-"

"It will be some bonding time" he suggested. My heart melted a bit at his words, and I felt closer to him; a lot more than before. 

He opened it and there was a bunch of stuff inside. The box was small; about the size of a tissue box. He took out a picture that sat at the top. It was a group of students in Hogwarts uniform, and the castle being a background. I recognized most off the people in it. The marauders, Lilly and Alice's faces were familiar. Sirius pointed to the others and said that they were Marlene, Dorcus Meadows, and annoyingly pointed to a tiny figure of Snape, who was passing by in the back. 

Everyone looked happy. We went through a few more pictures. Some were just normal, in some the marauders were doing funny faces and a few had them doing pranks. It was fun looking through them, and Sirius explaining the pictures. In between somewhere, Remus joined us too. We got done with the box, but I sat there listening to Remus and Sirius enthusiastically chatting about their Hogwarts days. 

Molly soon called us for breakfast and we had a fun meal with a lot of talking. 

------- 

Terrance was supposed to reach an hour and a half ago, but never did. I was fretting around the room. He normally travelled by muggle bus, which dropped him at Grimmalud Place. He then found the magical home of Grimmauld Place 12. 

Remus and Sirius was trying to find out what happened. 

"Don't worry." said Remus. 

"Why won't I worry?" I asked, stressed. 

"There was an accident on the road. Weird wind and bombing the muggle say. But looking at the destruction, it was definitely Death Eaters."

"Anyone injured?" asked me and Anne. 

"As far as the news. No. We just have to wait longer."

20 minutes passed at there was knock on the door.